• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I want one of these

rporzio

and if I do get lucky to find one what additional gauges would I put in there? I already have the small clock, oil pressure, outside temp and batt voltage...

Attachments

• 240VolvoAddlGaugeCluster.jpg
    240VolvoAddlGaugeCluster.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 191
  • MyPandaGaugeWatcher.jpg
    MyPandaGaugeWatcher.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 189
An authentic/genuine OE Volvo 3 gauge on top of dash pod is going to be quite an expensive gauge pod.

Have seen them for 500 bux...minus the gauges.

You may not even be able to find one..........Unless you get very lucky

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor though. FWIW the Swedish TBers and on ebay would be a good place to look.

As far as the gauges to go in it...an Oil Temp gauge, and vacuum gauge and maybe an additional WT gauge (with numbered gauge face) or maybe 52mm tachometer (if you still have the "big clock") is about all you have left to go with.

Unless you want to go with things like trans temp and diff temp gauges (I've been curious about diff and manual trans temps myself)

You can read the water temp from a couple other locations...gonna be a little modding/work to do it though

Also IMHO I think the 52mm VDO Vision gauges are the best for *actual usable numbers on the gauge faces that offer more precise readings*.

IME the OE Volvo OP and Volt gauges leave a bit to be desired in actual BAR and Voltage readings .

I like to see/know when my alt is only making 12 volts . Or my OP is down 8 psi or 1 bar from where it's supposed to be/has been

Last edited:
These fit perfect
mbcHETSzBwMvtP-2636zyOA_zps50e5529f.jpg

Of the volvo OE 52MM I've seen (not counting r-sport cluster small gauges):

Ambient temp analog C of F
Ambient temp digital (Toggles C or F, same gauge)
Oil temp (analog only IIRC) C or F
Boost TIC or just T
Oil pressure 3 and 5 bar
Fuel economy
Clock
Small tach
Volts

Just the regular 3-pack and the 2 additional spots would probably be sufficient I'd think for an N/A car. I'd probably rather have ambient temp over oil temp for an N/A car, the oil takes forever to warm up, it's almost most useful just telling you that the oil might not be getting warm enough on short trips on the average N/A volvo. Boring gauge.

If you like gauges, probably big tach, small cloch, regular 3-pack with fuel economy instead of boost, and add an ambient temp gauge? I use the clock a lot and like analog clocks in cars, but most stereos have clocks now, but I don't care about stereos very much and don't like them shining in my face. Would prefer clock to an oil temp.

Forego the oil temp, forget the extra super $$$ 3 pack for the speaker cover?

Those triple clusters that go on top of the dash are super rare. You're unlikely to find one for anything even close to a reasonable price.

Thanks everyone. It sounds like even if I found one I wouldn't have the gauges to fill the spaces especially owning an non Turbo (which I love with no plans to change that). Ok on to the next project, the underhood refresh act 4!

Back