• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone make turbo manifolds for B21?

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently blew up my turbo and purchased a Garrett T3/T4 turbo. The company I ordered it from sent me an external wastegate turbo instead of an internal one, meaning I can?t use the exhaust manifold I currently have. My question is: does anyone on here make or know anyone who makes turbo manifolds for a B21/B23?

Can you do this or something like it? Might be a lot easier to get an internal WG unit. Can you return it?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-T3-35-38mm-Turbo-External-Wastegate-Flange-Relocation-adaptor-GT35-GT3582-/172989843777

Unfortunately I am unable to return the turbo, the customer service on their end is terrible. I like the idea of making the flange in between. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry if it was a dumb question!

Unfortunately I am unable to return the turbo, the customer service on their end is terrible. I like the idea of making the flange in between. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry if it was a dumb question!
With a 240 and a factory low mount turbo manifold, not a lot of room to fit a flange in there. Turbo is pretty close to the strut tower already.
If its a real garrett hotside housing you got, a local turbo swap shop may do a good deal on a swap to an internally gated one. They probably don't want chinamade ones, only the real deal. Internally gated are not as popular and many guys in other scenes convert internals to externals, either for power or to make noise out the hood...... That route is probably cheaper than a fabricated manifold, unless you can weld. Good custom exhaust manifolds take a lot of time, and cost a lot due to this. Cheap "custom turbo manifolds" on ebay have issues like the flanges on upside down and fitment problems, warping problems and other things......

Back