• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

yesterday's AutoX

940guy

very tight race from 1st to 3rd. would have won if i had not of coned my fastest run.:grrr:
ended out the day in 3rd out of 7 drivers a couple in two driver cars.
running in Street mod against a EVO,STI ,and a e36 m3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9CHPnYnoOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS i drove like a pig rolling around in a mudd pit.

very tight race from 1st to 3rd. would have won if i had not of coned my fastest run.:grrr:
ended out the day in 3rd out of 7 drivers a couple in two driver cars.
running in Street mod against a EVO,STI ,and a e36 m3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9CHPnYnoOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS i drove like a pig rolling around in a mudd pit.

Car setup?

Nice, everyone I've been to in FL has been 40-50 sec course with over 100 entries. Looks like your having a lot more fun.

Car setup?
400Lb front springs 300lb rears bilstein HD's all the way around. Heim joints for bishings on the front ipd sways high compression block 16t turbo 13psi side pipe stright pipe exhaust. And a handfull of other things. Tires are hankook c71 autocross slicks 225 50 16 on hydras. Custom front splitter for the downforcessss dawg.

Nice, everyone I've been to in FL has been 40-50 sec course with over 100 entries. Looks like your having a lot more fun.
I love Zmax dragway for our events at times we have 80second courses and the surface is smooth. Very smooth.

Rear springs sound fairly stiff. Do you get on well with that combination?

Rear springs sound fairly stiff. Do you get on well with that combination?

I can't speak for 940guy's car, however, Gregervin's 740 runs a similar set up and gets around the autocross courses quite nicely. He's running 600 lb/in springs in the front, 300 lb/in springs in the rear. The same rate as Peter Linsen's 740 all out track car. Greg's car is predictable, turns in great a puts the power to the ground just fine. It takes quite a bit of tire under the car to take advantage of the set-up. Hopefully, Greg will get back to racing in the near future. Marriage and new additions to the family have kept him really busy. No time to play with toys. :) He did come out to our club's first autocross of the season and rode along with a few friends. I think that day re-kindled the fire in him. He was talking about when he might be back as he was leaving the event with his wife and two little ones.

Here is a thread to his build.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=81046&page=2&highlight=Project+volvo

Where did you source you springs from?
What fits under the 940 other then just IPD springs?

Looks like it handles pretty well. Now if I could get my 940 to get around the autoX like it

Back