• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 240 16" wheel Homologation

Yes, 16" wheels were offered. 17" wheels were an option late in the 200 series run. If you're talking strict FIA homologation, AFAIK those cars used 16".

16" Gemini and Galaxy wheels are listed as an option for the later 240 in accessory catalogs as has been said. I think I have one from 91 that shows a 240 with Gemini if you need it scanned. Not sure what you need for proof.

I've never seen the Polaris listed as intended for a 240 but I do not have many later catalogs. Obviously they fit fine though.

16" Gemini and Galaxy wheels are listed as an option for the later 240 in accessory catalogs as has been said. I think I have one from 91 that shows a 240 with Gemini if you need it scanned. Not sure what you need for proof.

I've never seen the Polaris listed as intended for a 240 but I do not have many later catalogs. Obviously they fit fine though.

I'd like to see the catalog as would the OP, I'm sure. I've scoured the interwebz and can't find any reference to Gemini's being an option for 240's in any of the accessories catalogs that I found.

The accessories bulletin that I posted a link to earlier has wheels for 240's, but Gemini isn't one of them. If it were an approved wheel, why wouldn't it be listed there? Granted, Volvo's catalogs aren't know for their accuracy. You'll notice that they switched the photos for the Corona and Scorpius wheels in the bulletin.

Here are three pages from a 1991 accessories catalog I have showing the Gemini on the list for 240 accessories. This particular catalog breaks down the part numbers in the back on two pages for 240s and two pages for 740s. It shows the Gemini for both.
There is also a late 80/early 90s catalog I have that actually shows a picture of the Gemini on a blue 240 but I can't find it now. May have left with my ex's 89 744Ti.

The one called Wheel-Alloy- 5 spoke 7x16" is the Gemini.

91accessories-1.jpg

91accessories-18.jpg

91accessories-28.jpg

I'll be damned. Learn something new everyday. I'm guessing the OP is under some strict racing guidelines for a stock class?

Back