• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Injector swap

i do try to eek every bit out of it i can. dosent help. highway, driving like an old lady, flooring it at every stoplight. 22 is the best i can get

Pete,

I am back to the 734s at the moment. No real reason other than I just can't stop tinkering. I will be happy to send you my set of the EV6s for testing. They have less than 10,000 miles on them. Just send me a PM if you want to try them.

I got the 013 EV6 injectors from you the other day and put them in yesterday, and pulled the 734's.

My first impression, just like the 850/960 EV6 injectors, the peddle feels softer, provides less fuel, and is lower on power until you step on it. Overall these 013's do have a bit more fuel delivered than the 850 one's, but compared to the 734's or 749 white top EV1 they are slow to react as far as peddle effort. If they give better mpg, I would be supprised, as the extra peddle effort makes the car drive under heavier throttle.

The car does drive noticably smoother though, same as the 850 injectors. Quieter engine, smoother idle.

Since I put the set of 734's in a few weks ago, I got 26.4 mpg for mixed driving, combo of 2 climbs up to 10k ft at Sandia Crest, and lots of 30-40 mph city w/A/C on. Can't complain about that, about as good as I've ever gotten on the car for city or high elevation driving.

I'll run the EV6 013's for a while longer, finish off this tank, but will most likely go back to the 734's as they perform quite well in comparison.

i would be so dam happy to get 26.4 mpg. even 24 or 25 i would be happy. you have lh 2.4?

Read down a few posts:

LH 3.1, 4 bar fpr, M47.

And just to put it to rest, my spedo is spot on; less than 0.1 mph error @70 using 205/65-15 tires.

The car on it's best day got 31.5 mpg using the stock yellow-tops, and 31 mpg with the 16V whitetops, and fully loaded on a 5500 mile trip with the 850 EV6 injectors, best was 29 mpg

Engine is stock except for VX cam at 5 deg adv, and I have the hotter coil from a 16V.

3.1 out of the box has always been better on gas. I believe it's the throttle sensor and feedback immediately that gets it's mpg. Plus its more sensitive to throttle movement and seems to behave differently than a 2.x car with swapping these injectors out.

ok, that makes sense. the regina has the old tps with just idle and wot switches. the regina seems to be adapting well to the injectors. I have noticed a decent increase in power in the upper end with them so unless I loose milage of the next few tanks ill be keeping them. I may try a 4 bar fpr to see if the spray pattern is better and the mpg improves. what rear end to you have? 3.73 or 4.10? im leaning tward swapping in a 3.73 to see if that improves things

Engine is stock except for VX cam at 5 deg adv, and I have the hotter coil from a 16V.

3.1 out of the box has always been better on gas. I believe it's the throttle sensor and feedback immediately that gets it's mpg. Plus its more sensitive to throttle movement and seems to behave differently than a 2.x car with swapping these injectors out.

It should behave differently regardless. It has a totally different setup.

So, I went ahead and bought a set of injectors from Fivo-O. They have definitely made a noticeable difference. As TWD said, acceleration is much smoother now. The engine sounds better, meaner, especially with the 2.25 inch exhaust I have installed. It doesn't struggle as much to get up to cruising speed and does so quicker. I don't have an exact mpg number because my odometer will sometimes take a while to start working on cold mornings. However, I do the same amount of driving every week and I know that by now the needle is usually in the red. With the new injectors the needle still has a little room before hitting the red, so, probably 2 or 3 gallons more than where it normally would be.

My old injectors were most likely the originals from 1990, with over 330K miles on them. I obviously can't say how a rebuilt set of yellowtops would have felt, but for just under $200 I think the Fivo-O's are a great buy. My old engine feels renewed and ready for the B cam I have sitting in the closet!

Sorry for the revival, I just want this information to pop up when people use the search function and both of the injectors posted above(Blue Knight and the 0 280 156 013 Red Devils) seem to not be available new anymore.

Use the 0 280 156 045 injectors currently for sale at IPD for stock, non-turbo replacements. More info included in this thread:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5940334&postcount=63

Last edited:
Back