• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The S60R

IceCold4x4

Well bought her about a year or two ago and swore there would be no mods. I was tired of having a car I couldn't depend on, I was tired of always being greasy, tired of cuts and random bruises from some stupid rusted bolt, tired of spending all my money to try and get a few more tenths in the 1/4. Amazing how life's prioritys start to change after nearly a decade.

2006 Volvo S60R

She was bone stock when I got her. First car I've ever made payments on. The stock lasted about 2 months and I went and hacked off the resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe (stock was just WAY too quiet). for the next year or so I didn't do anything else except replace one overpriced transfercase on it. Oh and about 8 tires and 3 rim repairs also (I'd never driven something with 18's had to re think my stance on potholes and other stuff as i'd always had big trucks or plenty of sidewall in my old 940). Now after an autocross she got some new Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 245/40R18, 10mm front and 15mm rear H&R spacers, Ipd front and rear strut bars, IPD subframe bushing inserts, and an OBX downpipe. Probably will replace the factory intercooler with one that was left from the old 940, I figure it should live on in the new car somehow. And I'll probably eventually get a tune, though currently trying to decipher ME7 and see if I can't just tune it my damn self. and for some pics.

Day I got her.

2285B0AE-3411-459B-83A7-04EAB238B7DE-24013-00000915A51F2FA8.jpg

CD6E3974-0FC9-44EB-8057-5676EA801B0A-24013-00000915A0100A37.jpg

And now for the now pics, yes i know the rims look like crap they will be refinished soon damn tire shop messed them up pretty good mounting the new tires.

IMG_20140619_101957.jpg

IMG_20140619_102029.jpg

I need to clean her up and get some shots in a better environment but work as been nuts lately.

a little of column A and a little of column B. I didn't lay down a primer as i wasn't sure i was going to like the darker rims, and I had a tire that came apart weird and was extremely hard to get off rim. a bit of sanding and some real primer this time and it won't be a problem. I won't be using that shop again.

Thank you for not painting your rims black.
I've always wanted a 2nd gen V70R, but the cost of replacing that transfer case scares me.

I'm thinking of either going matte black or a pearlescant white with gold on the pegs when i get the paint redone. not flashy gold but think old school bbs gold

gotta pay to play. and really, think how often a true brick nickle and dimes you and eh it's not that bad really. whats 2k in the grand scheme of things anyway? especially for handling that my 940 would never have given me. plus those seats oh so comfy.

Back