• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pics of your Volvo.

oldschoolvolvo said:
I really like your car...especially the wheels

Thanks mate!

Galaxy's for teh win!! :rofl:

I tell you what, I'm seriously jealous of you LHD guys with the turbos and easy access to modding resources, serious drool material!

I love your dad's wheels! I had some 15" versions for a while... But they were mangled so I sold them. Here're some quick pics from this 35degree morning... Unlevel pavement, but you get the pictures. ;-)

IMG_3856.sized.jpg

IMG_3857.sized.jpg

Damn those are some crappy pictures... I really need to clean my car again(stupid F'n construction RIGHT in front of my house, including in my damn driveway) and take some good pictures of it now.

Hahaha, I love my ugly car, it's such a bastardization of parts. It's a really nice car to drive, just doesn't look so hot.

dualrounds03.jpg

Looks great from the back though! Sorta

myvolvo05.jpg

And here's an old picture of my car (different front end now as seen above), my brothers 242, and my eternal project silver wagon. There is an identical red 242 parts car right behind the 242 in that pic, hiding in the garage.

our-volvos01.jpg

71 142e

Got it fall 2003, did a "half restoration"- paint, fixed up suspension, ect
b20 overbore 2.1L, isky cam, headers, glass pack/resonator exhaust, IPd pushrods&lifters, double valve springs, got MS about a month ago,IPd sways & springs, KYB shocks
100_1195.jpg

then... driving home I got rearended at 40mph by a classmate. We were both ok but his insurance would only pay $500.
100_1211.jpg

So my dad's friend Mark told me to come chop up his 72 parts car- he lives in Traverse city-this was in febuary 2004.

Pulling out of 4 feet of snow with a '61 volvo tractor.
100_1213.jpg

100_1214.jpg

Gutting and chopping.
100_1216.jpg

100_1217.jpg

Loaded it into my dad's 245 for th drive back to Detroit.
back at home- off with the old:
100_1218.jpg

on with the new
100_1232.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1239.jpg

not too shabby for an afternoon's work.:cool:
100_1242.jpg

100_1243.jpg

Painted it in my driveway on good friday 2004
100_1259.jpg

Been a daily summer driver ever since.

Billiam 500, your 142 is beautiful. Very Euro and clean (nice bumpers) and green is such a good Volvo color. I almost threw up when I saw that rear ended picture... Nice job fixing it though.
I painted my car too, in my barn (my friend in photo, not me):
jqian.jpg

rear.jpg

tjanson said:
Billiam 500, your 142 is beautiful. Very Euro and clean (nice bumpers) and green is such a good Volvo color. I almost threw up when I saw that rear ended picture... Nice job fixing it though.
I painted my car too, in my barn (my friend in photo, not me):
rear.jpg
thanks! Always loved the rear end of the gts!:)

wMTAzNjc5MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTA0NjAyNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAzNjc5MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wNTE0ODQ3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Please show reverence for the WOW sticker.

1991 744T. 1994 b230ft, rebuilt longblock. M46, spec stage II hybrid (it squeals and I hate it). 15G from Herman. V15 @6*advance. Ipd sways and exhaust, Bilstein HD, Eurosporttuning springs. Volvo Comet wheels with Nokian WR's (A phenomenal all season; if you rack miles like me, it's a nice compromise; these tires are quiet and I drive them 80-110mph with no qualms on I-84 daily). Gilracing shift knob, Valentine 1. I was debating getting rid of it, but I'm going to get an M90 and keep it a few more years.

Back