• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

Amazon #4 took me 2 months and that was with putting in 15-20 hours a week. But it's a daily now.

And as most people would recommend: it's probably better not to add up the receipts.

thanks for quoting me so I can see just what an illiterate I am :rofl:

took the car to my friends exhaust shop today. I should be getting it back friday. I did not feel like crawling under the car and redoing it myself. He does great work for the cheap

looks like I have some pressure washing to do. I also need to replace the lower control arm bushings

A6511wGh.jpg

Z0YWCm0h.jpg

tons of rattle rattle in the mufflers. Whoever installed the bigger one went with used and then proceeded to make pipe over the axle kinked up 1.25" with booger welding
Fx6D2Zrh.jpg

Last edited:
I love the early style trunk release. Looks good dude.

Thank you. They are so much better :nod:

Been driving this thing almost daily. Last weekend I took the kids to a water hole about 20 miles from my house in the mountains. When I got there the car wouldn't start ... no fuel. I figured out it was the fuel up after doing the old suck/spit/blow :oogle: routine. Got it home that day with no issues - good thing because there's no cell reception for miles and miles there

here's some pictures

CzcANWAh.jpg

MtnN9Gth.jpg

Next day I drove it to Chico (about 20 miles from my house also) knowing that I might not make it .... well I got stuck at two four lane lights - I was the first car and I had to push it ... good thing these a light :omg:

called sister and drove home to grab a spare pump I had. Thanks to Eric I grabbed two gaskets and shmo... It goes - fuel pump-shmo - gasket-spacer- gasket

10 min later I was done
ghYXHhTh.jpg

tigKbvHh.jpg

Been teaching my 11yo daughter to drive - after her 3rd lesson she can now start go to first then second and back down again in a parking lot without stalling it :cool: all by herself

however she over cranked the pass-front window and it dropped. I have everything taken apart as I'll be refreshing everything like I did on the driver font

liHS51Vh.jpg

today, while waiting for some rust neutralizer to dry overnight I decided to finally replace the BJs and lower CA bushings - old ones were completely gone

QsGM7wsh.jpg

PuoLMFxh.jpg

ran out of daylight

Lower CA - do you tighten the main bolt wile arm is in the dropped position or like it would be if sitting on ground ? or does it even matter ?

Yes, it matters. Tighten the big bolt with the weight on the wheels or you'll tear the center sleeve out of the bushings.

Dig the resurrection. Would love to see some pics of it out and about as well as hear when you think you'll get to body paintwork?

Dig the resurrection. Would love to see some pics of it out and about as well as hear when you think you'll get to body paintwork?

Thank you. I found original color matching Duplicor - Ford Wimbledon White (I need to double check name) I been toying with the idea of painting each panel individually but it's a damn lot of work to do it decent. Probably in the fall.

Today I finished up the pass front side - even did the BJ flip; it lowered the front end by 1! finger - 1960s low :oogle:
pressure washed everything too

dVpgpzrh.jpg

6Ddm2Rwh.jpg

normal BJ location - 4 fingers
kT00ruwh.jpg

BJ fliped - 3 fingers - WOOP!!!!!!
Up3DkH9h.jpg

driver side lower condition of bushings - :lol:

lBhONjXh.jpg

IXwB9Bzh.jpg

I messed up pressing in one of the bushings will need to order one from HIPerfromanceAuto

Hi Jack

"even did the BJ flip"

this is a really bad idea. Think about the stress you did add to the screws now.
Have you ever seen lower lower ca with cracks at this area? You will know why they crack at this point....

Yes to all the other babys, don't scream: I know you drove thousands of miles about all roads with this.
It is still dangerous and a bad idea, only used by people with now money in the wallet.

sorry, this mod is a really TB style mod and will be fine ;-)

cheers, Kay

^Everyone makes it seem as if its a huge difference in height ... nope
Even volvo did it back in rally days but "unlimited parts" and race car are a different story. I just ordered some Lowering spranglangs

I need your opinion guys, since I have the pass front door taken apart I found one rust spot on bottom front corner - an actual hole. I have a spare rust free door but paint is the original matching not respray

replace and paint it with original paint ?
or leave old door ?

BXec7Rgh.jpg

QZA0WVOh.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jack

"even did the BJ flip"

this is a really bad idea. Think about the stress you did add to the screws now.
Have you ever seen lower lower ca with cracks at this area? You will know why they crack at this point....

Yes to all the other babys, don't scream: I know you drove thousands of miles about all roads with this.
It is still dangerous and a bad idea, only used by people with now money in the wallet.

sorry, this mod is a really TB style mod and will be fine ;-)

cheers, Kay

The way to do the ball joint "flip" correctly is to cut the mounting ears off of the old BJ's and mount them in the stock position under the LCA. This will require longer bolts to go through both of the BJ mounting ears and the LCA. I had my car set like this but with the IPD lowering springs decided to mount the BJ's in the stock position. It sit just right IMO!

Attachments

• IMG_9205.jpg
    IMG_9205.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 325
^that's a good idea. Where did you get your rear window custom gasket?

yesterday and today I got the original door removed - I cheated by loosening the fender. New door got sanded, primered ,painted, installed - I'll tighten everything up once hardware is in

iwbhJKAh.jpg

removed all rust
A1Ckji3h.jpg

4R378GXh.jpg

primer
2eWjEkfh.jpg

paint - 3 coats on the inner door. Waiting for 3rd on the outside
HBgwnWBh.jpg

aY0DeMJh.jpg

nyyLIoCh.jpg

I also replaced the bushing I crushed with a new one
LXByD2jh.jpg

I bought four new gaskets from IPD and cut and bonded them to the correct length. Nice job on the door.

thank you

Last few days

e0B10Aah.jpg

have two uppers and one lower from a lot I bought
The poly bushings are a Fukin pain in the ass to install - I had to use a strap and a comealong to be able to put the nut on
9x2uVzah.jpg

protip - remove the front bolt first or you will bend the arm like I did
sssJQI3h.jpg

one side done
BCdQCh2h.jpg

while car was in the air I decided to replace the rear U joint, center support bushings and trans output flange

gif didnt come out as planned but its super loose
vefVzG.gif

old bushings weren't too bad
H73z7vvh.jpg

new
TBGXcNFh.jpg

"original" output huge flange
c4IfQofh.jpg

one from an M41 center was just a tiny bit too small :-(
rsSrBcoh.jpg

so I shaved off the giant one
eVvrT4sh.jpg

smoke from the fires has been covering the sun - this is the best it's been in two days. Yesterday it was raining ash most of the day
pGXfHP5h.jpg

took if for a drive, it's nice not the hear the suspension. The car finally feels like it can take turns
fbQRZuih.jpg

HXbeJzMh.jpg

waiting on lowering springs and I should be installing the inner door panel tomorrow on driver front

Back