• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

XXX rootbeer drive in Swedish car show 2019

quillc

yv1a.com
Its coming up again. scheduled for 2/10 (Sunday) at the XXX Rootbeer Drive In in Issaquah.

Anyone going?

^As always...

Anyway, will be there. Probably rocking steelies with 185/70R14 snowies, instead of Hydras, tho.

Worst Day of the Year bike ride has been postponed due weather. Go figure.

May have to see if my battery has a charge.

Dern snowflakes cancelling their ride... lol

Better put the battery on the charger and get the snowies out...

-J

Probably rather snowy. You might check with someone here: https://www.evergreenmtb.org/

Anyway, some pics for those who aren't on hipstergram or on farcebook...

First person to arrive, other than the coordinator and someone else who was not showing off a car.

Next person was the guy who runs the Swedish Metal site with his V70. For some reason he refused to park his car with everyone else, and then left after most people arrived. After him, was someone in a '90-'92 745Ti who drove around the lot, then disappeared.

Some more people - gold 244DL is a 1-owner car, bought new by the person who drove it:

Said owner is the guy in the brown jacket. The people on the left own a couple post-facelift Saab 900 convertibles. The couple on the right have the black S60R.

1985 245DL owned by the sister of Erik Gatz (on IG: toyotaguy74, also on the Volvo farcebook groups)... Had spotted this car in 2012, when it still had the original hood, a pre-1984 DL grille, and 1981 DL headlamp doors on it.

1983-85 700 series TD sedan. Didn't get a close look at the trunk badge, but think it may be a 760TD. Was a M46 car, tho. I guess this would be you, v8volvo, right?

The aforementioned Saabs...

My 245 on the left, Johann245's #586 Classic on the right.

-J

There is talk about having another date this spring, March 24th, for the meet, since the turnout was so bad due to the weather.

-J

Yeah that was me in the white 760. Didn't manage to put many faces to names, we ducked inside for food after a few minutes.

Hopefully will make it again next time, good to see a few folks showed up in spite of the weather.

Back