• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Very good try but nothing on the roof! :-P

Need to talk to some people about a roof rack :-D

Here in the hood, Vince the 244 came by and had a lens re-adhered :cool:

gpWZAxrl.jpg

Hope you all are hanging in there! :nod:

Got the trans loose from the b230ft. It's leaking pretty profusely out of both ends. Good time to clean it up and replace some seals :nod:

jphLsFAl.jpg

9CyAU7Il.jpg

Are you removing stuff with the worlds biggest torque wrench? Misusing tools, I would never do that :-P. That trans needs a pressure washer! Good to see progress..

Are you removing stuff with the worlds biggest torque wrench? Misusing tools, I would never do that :-P. That trans needs a pressure washer! Good to see progress..

If I ever have a wrench that large, please stop me and ask what I'm doing :lol: It's a Harbor Freight work light. Trans is ready for loving :nod:

LvTV8Ewl.jpg

Haha, ok then. Unfortunately I have needed a wrench that large recently, 6 ft long pipe on my 1/2" breaker bar to remove lugnuts from my fiances car!! Who the hell cranked them on?

Trans will love a good cleaning!

Torque wrenches will be coming into play soon. Gotta put this thing back together in the 240 :cool: Getting both engines on stands and swapping the distributor is my next hurdle (after lots of pressure washing :nod: )

rlb3qZ7l.jpg

PJXxJJyl.jpg

Been playing with the 740 airbox and some intercoolers we have around. Pretty sure we can make the airbox fit really nice and slick :D The stock intercooler will get the car running. We'll come up on an upgrade someday I'm sure :cool:

XyRPcdcl.jpg

K3xh2fNl.jpg

Last edited:
Similar era! It's from a 2.0t VW/Audi product. 240 squad is at the house today :cool:

XZpV9vel.jpg

Got the B230ft/15g combo on a stand today thanks to lunchb0x and our friend Sandra :nod:

jSfkT36l.jpg

View inside the block after removing the freeze plug. Time to swap the intermediate shaft from the B21ft

xlFWxlUl.jpg

Last edited:
Hydraulic mounts are off of the B230FT. Gave it a quick pressure wash and it's still dirty :lol:

2FHUCQEl.jpg

vBULVibl.jpg

iJO4uIKl.jpg

Also have the B21FT loose from it's AW71. The factory BW55(?) is long gone.

Before:
yD6xgyBl.jpg

After:
TxstLgAl.jpg

39b3vq.jpg

hIZKGCjl.jpg

B230FT 242 at Davis 2020 is my goal. Hope TB is doing well! :cool:

Last edited:
I hate those hydraulic mounts, so squishy. I hated them in my Porsche also.

Bet your neighbors are wondering about all those bricks lol

Thought the motor mounts were blown. Turns out they're "luxury" :lol:

We're fortunate to be in a really friendly neighborhood :nod:

divH03jl.jpg

lunchb0x and I got the B21FT torn down a bit and on a stand. Working on the intermediate shaft swap. Wiring after that :cool:

9fycZlil.jpg

jFLbz1gl.jpg

Understanding neighbors are awesome, one of my neighbors is building a Factory Five Cobra in his garage so any car noises are fine with him, my other neighbor has a SRT Durango, Harleys, etc, not much bothers them either.

We live less than a mile from Skyline Drive, an SCCA hillclimb spot, and the Cobra guy wants to go for a "cruise" on it when our cars are done.

Lol, no "luxury" motor mounts allowed!!!

That's awesome :nod: Being neighborly pays off one way or another :cool:

On the luxury front: Intermediate shaft is out of the B21FT. Harness removed. Parts everywhere :lol:

M2zfJgFl.jpg

ISfl4btl.jpg

B230FT is apart. Time for cleanup and reassembly, then onto wiring the 240 :nod:

lxVDBQsl.jpg

YLh98ful.jpg

Got this idea while watching Youtube in the garage. Just takes a 2x4, some drill bits, and spray paint :cool:

THkseSxl.jpg

CffDeEIl.jpg

Back