• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

but will she have time between cooking and her regular chores?

no she won't.

parts washer doing alu duty. depending on when the machine shop can get to it I might drop it off for a quick dip
134245474.jpg

bellhousing cast asunder
134245470.jpg

junk (well spare nasty **** I probably won't use)
134245472.jpg

not so nasty **** that I probably will use
134245473.jpg

yay, machine shop can tank the case (well, not exactly tank, but clean), tonight pending massive bad weather, I'll get to rebuilding the drums and stacking parts and modifying stuff as needed.

i'm probably jinxing everyone, but it doesn't look like we're going to get anything but wind out of this, soooo.. boo (a little). an hour north though, it's bad up there. still waiting on ups man. might go get the drums in the parts cleaner to dislodge the burned material and assess the situation.

boo! the seal kit was a seal ring kit, not piston seals. ****. hopefully a common part that I can source locally.

i'm probably jinxing everyone, but it doesn't look like we're going to get anything but wind out of this, soooo.. boo (a little). an hour north though, it's bad up there. still waiting on ups man. might go get the drums in the parts cleaner to dislodge the burned material and assess the situation.

Yea just past by here,everyone was freaking out but its not really any flat sports here for it to form. i heard around 120 people around you died?
hope all is well

looks like you jinxed 125+ people

found a seal kit and got my welder back, woohoo. now I can build a couple tools to make this job easier. might have it finished this weekend some time, sweeeeeettttt

built a a gizmo to compress the low/reverse spring retainer and popped the L/R piston out of the case. cleaned up some stuff, installed seals in a couple pistons. progress.

cornered sam and got him to machine down one of my direct clutch pistons, so I can stuff an additional steel and friction in the basket

here it is sitting on the stock one(seal is ~ bottom):
134317091.jpg

case back from the machine shop, passages will get hosed out with brake cleaner
134317090.jpg

no more faded red/orange paint
134317089.jpg

should get the last two direct frictions today, they were back ordered. Already got seals installed on all the pistons up to the pump (haven't done the intermediate yet)

Back