• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thin brake booster

b_carlson

Other than size obviously, is there a difference in driving between the thin brake booster vs the fatter one?

I didn't notice any difference, certainly not in normal driving. I swapped the original booster on my '87 240 that I use for autocross. Since I already had the skinny booster and was chasing another brake issue that I wanted to rule out as being caused by the booster, so I went ahead and swapped them.

The issue I've had is going from WOT to hard on the brakes. The initial feedback from the pedal is numb, like I'm lacking assist. I feel like I have to press hard, but then it's as if the vac assist catches up and the pedal lightens up and then it wants to lock up easily. This all happens very quickly when standing hard on the brake pedal in an autocross situation. I had replaced the check valve in the booster and the hose. I might need a vacuum reservoir and/or check valve in line to the intake manifold.

In short, the booster swap shouldn't make the brakes feel any different.

Back