• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fitting penta rims on 240

brattalf

Hi, I've looked around a little, and I really want to have Penta (100+) rims on mine. They are 7x15. If it has anything to say, 1983 2.3 n/a b230a 244. Ive seen that the rims are 5x112, so i'd need an adapter. Now my question is, which will fit the best, the penta rims with et23 or the ones with et11? will they in that case rub?

Mods: I think that this should be in either performance or maintenance.

The Virgo rims are ET20. I suspect the ET23 rims will be ok. The ET11 rims will likely rub on the inside.

Ah okay, thanks for the answer, im new to the forums so sorry for posting this in the wrong section.

After doing a google search, I'm assuming these are mercedes wheels, which would make sense with the 5x112 bolt pattern.

Since you need adapters anyway, if you go with the et23 wheels, along with 20mm adapters, it will be a total offset of et3. This will push your wheels farther out than stock, but since they're only 15x7, I wouldn't think they'd rub.

I did a search, this is a 240 with 15x7 +13, so your wheels with adapters would stick out 10mm more than this.
9ea51cc3-76f2-47fa-93ef-2f8d02aaae65_zpslbafeucp.jpg

ET-offset is measured from the center of the wheel. My 740 turbo had ET11 wheels on it and they where perfect. No rubbing.
I just got ET33 wheels (7" wide) for my 740 van and they rub on the front shocks. I'll be useing 8mm spacers: so ET33 - 8 = ET25.
Wheel-Offset.jpg

Back