• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

qwkswede

Old and Slow
300+ Club
This is set up and ready to go for 2016 with the same format as 2015. .
-----------------------------------------
Rules: (nicked from http://www.turbobricks.com/evw.php)
Summary
The "east vs. west" shootout was created by Pat D. (tuff240) to help motivate the group by creating a friendly yet competitive event we could all participate from our home towns. The goal is to lay down
the fastest time you can and earn points for your side spending the time you have improving your times and power output to hopefully grab the bragging rights for the following year.
So far the results have been:

2015 - West
2014 - ??
2013 - ??
2012 - ??
2011 - East
2010 - West ( I know broken board but at the time West was way ahead and East lacked submissions)
2009 - West
2008 - West
2007 - East
2006 - West
2005 - East
2004 - West
2003 - East

2015 Thread
2012 Thread
2011 Thread
2010 Thread
2009 Thread
2008 Thread
2007 Thread
2006 Thread
2005 Thread
2004 Thread
2003 Thread

How The Competition Works:
Turbobricks members from each side (East Coast, West Coast, or International) visit a track throughout the course of the year, record their fastest 1/4 mile time and submit it to the contest admin. The idea is to work on your cars performance
throughout the year returning to the track, grabbing more points, and updating your time.
The points scheme is like this:
0 - 9.99 = 100
10.00 - 10.99 = 90
11.00 - 11.99 = 80
12.00 - 12.99 = 70
13.00 - 13.99 = 60
14.00 - 14.99 = 50
15.00 - 15.99 = 40
16.00 - 16.99 = 30
17.00 - 17.99 = 20
18.00+ = 10 participation points, everyone gets a ribbon.

Each side is divided up into 3 classes of cars, Turbocharged, Normally Aspirated, or "Hybrid" - a non-Volvo powered Volvo. Essentially there are now 3 competitions running simultaneously per side. Each class is equally important since the final victory in that class holds 1/3
of your sides total wins.
At the end of each year all the points are tallied up for a final count in each vehicle class. The side with the majority of class wins is declared victorious and thus has the bragging rights for the next year.

The Split:
Please verify the side you are grouped in by state. The states are grouped as evenly as possible by member representation. The west gets Hawaii, the east gets Puerto Rico. If we have forgotten or over
looked any other represented US, Canadian, or Mexican governed land masses please let us know so we can assign it a side.
North_America.jpg

Countries outside of North America will run as a third category.

Rules for Competitors:

• Be mature, no cheating/bending rules, and no complaining. This is for fun. If you cheat, you're out.
  • Your time submission must include a photograph or video of your car and the score board reading your time (we can spot photoshop jobs). A time slip scan and fellow member verification can be used if
    approved.
  • Any runs made must be in the current year.
  • 1 registered run per vehicle, and I'll record the driver/owner. If you own 2 turbos, I'd love to see the data collected for both.
  • If a vehicle is sold to either side, points remain until new owner beats the standing entry and the previous time and points are removed.
  • If a Driver moves sides, points remain until driver runs at new location and previous points are removed.
  • If a vehicle changes classes within the year, only the current class will be registered.
  • If a driver is disqualified from the competition, their time will remain however carry no point value for the side.
  • All runs must be made at an official timed 1/4 mile drag strip. Estimates from 1/8th mile tracks, self timing, or non sanctioned timing devices are not allowed.

[SIZE=+1]How to Submit a Time[/SIZE]
Submitting a time is as simple as dropping me a PM, or posting in this thread. Posting in this thread will not guarantee that I'll see your post, sometimes I'm busy and get behind reading. So follow with a PM too. If my PM box is full someone can surely email or catch me on facebook so that I can clean it out.

I will need the following things from you for a verified submission:

• Board Username
  • Car Model
  • Brief (A paragraph or two) Description of your Vehicle
  • Location (East, West, or International) and Class (Turbo, N/A, or Hybrid)
  • A Scan of your timeslip, for verification purposes. Either circle your number on the slip, or (better!) include a photo of the car with the numbers on it.

When I get your PM, if I don't have enough time at that moment to submit it to the , it will go to the pending submissions list below.
Submissions will be run through on a first come, first serve basis.

Let's see some times!

This is just a copy and paste from many years ago... Rules stay the same, as does the Game

Mods Can I get a sticky for this thread through the end of the 2016 year.

Leader board this year will be a google spreadsheet embedded here that I will update. I think it should be real time updated as I add entries.

So get racing! And send me time slips from the first 6 months if you have them. The year is half done.

---------------------------------- And without further ado, The Leaderboard -----------------------------

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6EAQHTlSTs1VlFTfkdZ_jJSFoVoj2aV_y4zrco1pUs/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false" height="600" width="1000""></iframe>

Last edited:
We should have a quickest daily driven 240 contest :)

+1. Obviously with a distinction between V8's and such, cause theyre just cheating /s

Edit: And since it was suggested in the 2015 thread that more **** talking was needed, I'll put 10 dollars, yes 5 whole dollars, that no one besides myself will go 12's on a stock appearing turbo this year. First one to go 12's (besides myself of course) will get it. Don't care if someone has in the past in a stripped out plastic windowed p.o.s., it's a new day and a new year.
Best of luck to all, happy boosting Turbodicks!

Edit2: To clarify, if you're gonna spray your way to get this, I aint paying. Thats just encouraging carnage, and thats just wrong. But if you would send me one of your pistons after it gets turned into some modern art, that would be awesome.

Last edited:
^ Careful, you're not running the stock turbo from a 240. :-P Even limiting it to stock RWD turbos allows for some more flow-y options than the 13C, though.

Oh, it is on! Getting my little blue pill ready. ERRR, I mean blue bottle! Blue BOTTLE. Stock turbo 12s, here we come.

^ Careful, you're not running the stock turbo from a 240. :-P Even limiting it to stock RWD turbos allows for some more flow-y options than the 13C, though.

Oh I know, I'll be stepping up from the 13c, maybe :rofl:
Try to find some crazy huge 15g or 19t.

Last edited:
wouldn't take much of a shot to run 12's with a "stock appearing turbo", you could probably do it with a fiddy or a 3/4.

We *should* be adding two turbo cars locally, and a swapped car this year, if not two swapped cars. and that's just between me, sam, and donnie (well, and my brother). I may even get the gold box back down the track, although that could be a bridge too far yet again.

wouldn't take much of a shot to run 12's with a "stock appearing turbo", you could probably do it with a fiddy or a 3/4.

We *should* be adding two turbo cars locally, and a swapped car this year, if not two swapped cars. and that's just between me, sam, and donnie (well, and my brother). I may even get the gold box back down the track, although that could be a bridge too far yet again.

I'll be on the road for this, I'll bring the drift car to the strip and hopefully get into 12-13's.

Back