• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"barn find" '67 122s wagon

no, not really..

im trying to help the couple sell it, so whatever offers you shoot me, i'll shoot them

Like anything else for sale, how much do they want? Do they have an unrealistic expectation that they can sell it and retire on the proceeds or do they just want to let a project car go for a little more than the scrapyards would pay?

Like anything else for sale, how much do they want? Do they have an unrealistic expectation that they can sell it and retire on the proceeds or do they just want to let a project car go for a little more than the scrapyards would pay?

the couple doesnt know how much to ask for.

i think they're afraid to ask too little, and trying to see what someone will offer first.

KaptKaos tried giving the lady a call to go see it, but wasnt able to get in contact with her.

so uh.. joe.. did you get this?

I went to see the car. It's in decent shape. There is rust in the pan that he glassed over and a lot more dings than what I think you may have saw. He dropped something on the hood too. :omg: Paint looks like an earl scheib job and they painted all of the chrome, including the rear hinges, the headlight rings and some other bits/pieces.

The car is not running, and they changed their story as to why it wasn't running from "transmission issues" to "we just stopped driving it", which gives me pause.

He started to tell me how he just put new tires on it so he could roll it around but the tires were old. He wouldn't give me a price when we met.

He has another car up north in the high desert. A parts car he said.

He wants to do a package deal and move both the parts car and this one. He seemed pretty adamant about making it a package deal. I stopped him at that point because I can't take the parts car.

So no, I didn't take it.

at first, it was "oh, this is a nice little old lady, who may want to just get rid of this car"

to the husband now changing stories up, and trying to get top dollar for his junk.

i believe he's asking somewhere around $2500 - $3k? is that what he said Joe?

Yeah, all of a sudden the old clunker in the garage became $$$$. Oh well. Betty called me back last week, but I didn't return the call. I'm out on this deal. I am afraid that there is a lot more bondo on that car than meets the eye. I found some on the roof, right behind the windshield which he couldn't explain. Add this to the glassed over floor sections, and while it may look nice, I think its a trap.

When you looked at it, was the hood damaged? He dropped something on the hood recently that took a few chunks out of it. It'll need to be painted now too.

yea, screw this couple.

i went by a couple of times, and the garage has been closed as always.

maybe we'll see this car in a junk yard one day. and i'll be pulling the transmission, or at least the overdrive section of it out!

:p

Back