• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v on b230 WITH 7/9 accessory bracket ?.

Jack

junkman
16v head on a b230 Block with yoshi dizzy and crab cap. Anyone got the 7/9 accessory bracket to work with this combo ?

Only way I see it working is if you space out the bracket like 4 inches .....pfft right

Am I stuck with crappy 240 accessory bracket ?

bracket should be flush and this is with dizzy rotated all the way to the left - front of engine
TWA8fIhh.jpg

Last edited:
meh. this is one reason why I ditch LH lol.

you can use the 2.4 flywheel and sensor, and run ls coils (or whatever other flavor of lessor ignition you'd like)

Jack are you gonna run megasquirt with hall sensor? Or lh2.2 16v? Anyway I got 740 alternator bracket to work on my 240 for power steering pump AC delete! I do have lh2.2 16v EZK chipped ignition boxes. Other option is I got 16v alternator bracket from a boat 16vb230, the beauty of that is then the belt lines up with the crank. I'll take a pic here and maybe it's just what you need if your looking to put alternator there.

Jack are you gonna run megasquirt with hall sensor? Or lh2.2 16v? Anyway I got 740 alternator bracket to work on my 240 for power steering pump AC delete! I do have lh2.2 16v EZK chipped ignition boxes. Other option is I got 16v alternator bracket from a boat 16vb230, the beauty of that is then the belt lines up with the crank. I'll take a pic here and maybe it's just what you need if your looking to put alternator there.

car came with 2.2 and I converted to EZK
I'll probably run megaquirt one day since I already have all the stuff for it but would like to do 16v swap first.

If it wasn't for Ac I would use that bracket, but Im keeping Ac

does the penta alternator bracket mount of pass or driver side ?

It seems like I'll be keeping the 240 setup for meow ... it's the 85+ setup. What do you guys recommend - blue polys were horrible - they whore out within months (I daily this thing) The aluminum ones from Yoshi were better - maybe 8-10 months. I might go stock since I have about 5? oem ones.

The 16v b230 alternator boat bracket mounts on that drivers side or the distributor side on a boat. On a 740 that bracket you have the alternator mounts above and the AC below and the powersteering is over on the other side, passenger, like where the alternator is on a 240.

I do have 16v non turbo or turbo lh 2.2 EZK ignition boxes or chips if you want that. I recommend the ignition box. It will help the car run, but if you just want it to run it just for sheets and giggles with the stock EZK it will. I'll take a pic for you still I guess.

Picture please

So the there’s a difference between 8v turbo ezk box and 16v ezk box? Sounds like I need it. Been using the normal 8v turbo ezk but 16v engine not in yet

Yes other thing is when you go 16v the 16v crank gear is thicker so that moves your crank pulley balancer thingy that all the belts line up with 4mm more out so then all your belts don't line up, fyi.

Back