• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

And tail lights...

Just when I think I have them sorted, I went for the back up lights and everything went to heck.

039-M.jpg

As of now, I think I would trust this car. Still a list of issues, but it runs, turns and stops. Pretty much. It's a hoot to drive.

Hahaha it's a never ending battle. My sedan has no reverse lights and IDGAF, I'm not screwing with it anymore.

I think my car's "first muffler" is gutted/empty, because when I was driving it around without the rearmost section of exhaust (including muffler #2) it was insanely loud. Awesome, but crazy loud.

And tail lights...

Just when I think I have them sorted, I went for the back up lights and everything went to heck.

039-M.jpg

Those bright upper lights are the 'fog lights'. Its the little weird switch above the headlight switch. When you switch it on, they just stay on like that.

Ah, now everything is clear. I thought the front fog lights had fallen off.

1156 in the top, 1157 in the bottom. I'll keep playing with it.

Just ran out to try the switch. Whoa, those are bright! That would explain why I was only getting six volts earlier.

Some really weird things happening with these lights...

Last edited:
I think my car's "first muffler" is gutted/empty, because when I was driving it around without the rearmost section of exhaust (including muffler #2) it was insanely loud. Awesome, but crazy loud.

Yeah, dumping in front of the axle was a bit much. Out the back is mellow.

Most excellent! I'll check my wires.

I had a thought: The wiring through the lift gate hinge is broken and the wiring to the aftermarket radio is suspect. Any chance unrelated "feed back" could be effecting the tail lights?

Last edited:
001-M.jpg

Trans mount. I could not access the upper nut (#4). There were some bolts on the bracket (#5), but the one I pulled was quite long and I was afraid to go further out of concern that I might separate the case or something.

Don't worry be happy it's just 2 bolts go ahead and pull it after you support the transmission.

Sweet. Hopefully it doesn't dump my Redline goodness on the ground.

Speaking of that, the trans is shifting progressively better. No longer prolonged grinds into reverse and first on a cold start. Still not a "fast" shifter, but hey. Looking forward to swapping in the metal shifter bushings.

Sweet. Hopefully it doesn't dump my Redline goodness on the ground.

Speaking of that, the trans is shifting progressively better. No longer prolonged grinds into reverse and first on a cold start. Still not a "fast" shifter, but hey. Looking forward to swapping in the metal shifter bushings.

Did you try adjusting the 1st / reverse shift gate?

Lift the shift boot up loosen both sides with an 8mm socket a little then, move gate back 1mm then do the same to other end, and resnug both.

Repeat till 1st 2nd & reverse operate smoothly.

Back