• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

940wagon - it was the cheapest complete motor within driving distance. $300

Texas240 - As others have said, I sure hope so. It's an E85 rated genuine walbro. That connector better be OEM reliable haha.

Linuxman51 - I wish! Just have a few key components left to buy and some work.

940wagon - it was the cheapest complete motor within driving distance. $300

Texas240 - As others have said, I sure hope so. It's an E85 rated genuine walbro. That connector better be OEM reliable haha.

Linuxman51 - I wish! Just have a few key components left to buy and some work.

And honestly, with boost, the 4.8 is an AWESOME motor. Like the article I shared said, they ran over 1200 hp with a turbo 4.8 that was pulled directly from a junkyard van.

Ahh gotcha. Very cool.

Any other reasons to purposely go for a 4.8 instead of the 5.3? I am looking to use an lm7 for my next 7/940 wagon, but just keep it NA. Seemed obvious to go for the extra few ft/lbs of torque.

Get whatever you can get most complete for the cheapest. 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0, it doesnt really matter. If you feel the need for extra strengtg grab a Gen 4 vs a Gen 3 motor. Switchover is somewhere around 04.

They are all great engines.

Got started on the downpipe. I'm at a cross roads right now, do I turn it up and go for a hood exit or exit out the fender.

Also was amazed to find out I will be able to place the wastegate directly on top of the turbo and it will clear the hood. Very excited about that one lol

Goal
-cheap
-ugly
-fast

Extremely happy to be back in a brick again.

Got started on the downpipe. I'm at a cross roads right now, do I turn it up and go for a hood exit or exit out the fender
No where in your goals do you state to want to be loud and obnoxious. Please put an exhaust on it. You are not going to hurt power much, and it will keep your neighbors happy (as well as a positive image for hot rodders in general). Nice work otherwise!

Yeah it's going out the side. I just need to find a buddy with a plasma cutter so I can blow a hole in the fender liner and fender.

As others have said the HP gain is massive and my neighbors are car people. When I bought my house it had 150ft black marks in front of it haha

My goals did involve cheap, this is cheap and fast, hell... most will say this is an ugly ass exhaust too. So I'm nailing all three :)

open cutout on the 940 is over 200whp difference vs closed, on a full 3 inch exhaust.

My buddy gave me his old exhaust off his 2016 cummins for free, so im making the best use I can. Most of it it 3.25 at the bends but steps up to 4 at the straight parts. The fender hole will be 4". I want to put a sideways flapper on it and paint it green so the cops dont notice as much haha.

Made a junkyard run and grabbed a spare flex fuel sensor, truck oil extension, pt cruiser two speed fan and taurus fuel pump inertia switch. All for $25.

The fan required some cutting and is a crazy tight fit. Worst case I chop off the threads on the water pump, then I would have plenty of room.

The truck oil neck extension thing should be minty fresh now. The wastegate will sit right between the expansion tank and the oil neck.

Progress is being made, and that makes me happy. The inertia switch is just a piece of mind type deal.

I will be running the factory 240 radiator so i need all the airflow management I can get. Made this little piece to funnel the air through the rad instead of it sneaking around it. Should give me my best chance.

The rad is brand new so I figured I would try it out before I throw it out. I think with a good shroud/electric fan and good airflow management it stands a chance of working.

if your super worried about space you can go with a 2010+ camaro water pump and 3/4" spacers. I have a 2002 camaro water pump with spacers but the pulley is the same width as the truck but the 2010+ has the shorter width pulley

Not terribly worried, and that solution involves a bit of money. If it is too close I'll cut off the threads of the pump till I have a 1/4" clearance.

I appreciate the solution though!

Last edited:
Here are a few photos of the PT Cruiser 2 speed fan on the 240 NA radiator for anybody interested.

Had to do a fair amount of trimming but this is probable the largesr diameter fan with a shroud you can physically fit on this radiator.

Back