• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Griots Swedish cruise in Tacoma

I don't think I know anyone who went this year. Did you? How was it?
This is the second year but I don't yet know anyone who went either year.

Small like last years. We (my wife and I) hung out for the meeting. Nice bunch of guys.
My kid had to work and missed it. My wife took pictures(I think?) If so I will post.
A 444, couple of 544's. 2 Amazon estates. P1800 (1?) our 262C, a 244 and a few V70 cars.
a few Saabs. Funny how our Bertone gets completely overlooked by 95% of the people at car show cruise ins. But at Griots it drew a crowd. I suppose it was the only one there.
Maybe next year you will go and show us up. :)

Possible that both Logan and I will go next year. Just not sure if I'll be taking the blue 245Ti, or the soon to arrive black 242Ti.

-J

Calendar marked! Should have a "gloss" black hood by then. Dropped my spare off at the painters last week.

Cool. That'll give us something to do before the fall PSVSA meet at Juanita Beach in Kirkland. Another thing that I've been talking with Joe Galant (former PSVCOA chapter prez) about was maybe coming up with a meet in Redmond, either at Marymoor or at the 60 Acres soccer field complex where I frequently do my 240 pr0n shots... Lots of parking, nice scenery. Do something in August...

-J

Its on the calendar but who knows? At least the Bertone hood is painted and on!
I'll talk to the boy and see if he can make it with the Amazon.

Never mind - still need to pull the head and do a head gasket job. Also don't have an exhaust. I may try to bust out a timing belt, oil seal, and water pump job in the afternoon on the white car. If I can do that, I'll be there. Otherwise, going to be working on stuff up here.

-J

Last edited:
Well small turn out.......... 2 of the 3 Volvo we brought. :roll:
Super interesting Saab powered trike.
Built in 1972, excellent fab work. Stored in 1973 just recently back on the road.

Attachments

• PART_1505162504747.jpg
    PART_1505162504747.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PART_1505162646030.jpg
    PART_1505162646030.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 23
  • PART_1505162557061.jpg
    PART_1505162557061.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 23
The two people in your first pic are Justin Kern (@torchallchurches on Instagram) and his friend @margueritamadness (also on IG).

I would've been there myself, but still have no Volvo that'll drive any sort of distance. Probably going to tear into the '92 this evening (Tuesday) after I get an exhaust hung on the 245Ti. I need to make that car driveable again so I'm not stuck driving my sister's old Exploder that she's put on semi-permanent loan to the family.

-J

Back