• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1987 244 DL Autocrosser

^^nice man nice.

you running the 9.8:1 n/a compression im guessing?

i no you +t the car but did you swap out for lower comp pistons on the rebuild?? i dont remember...

OK, so I didn't finish writing about the car/engine on page one.

B23F block, 96mm std size B23ET forged Mahle pistons w/shallow dish (~9.3:1 CR). Stock crank and M rods balanced to within 0.1gram along with the pistons, flywheel, and clutch cover. Lightened flat flywheel, used (and slipping) Centerforce clutch. All new bearings, oil pump, water pump, belts, tensioner, seals & gaskets. 4AN oil feed and 10AN oil drain lines. Brass fitting brazed into the block. Currently using the original 530 head from the B230F until I have my 531 prepared. K cam for now, V cam when the 531 goes into service sometime later this year. The head will get some bowl work and port channel work along with 38mm stainless exhaust valves. Nothing major there really.

I'm working on a trans swap, still trying to get the body "done", really need to get it through VA emissions, getting new wheels/tires, need to replace the clutch so I can abuse the M47 some more, and need to install my MBC so I can run more than ~8psi. Updates will be more frequent for the next few months.

hey, we swim in the same auto x groups, but have never met. LOL.
I stay out of the shallow end for the most part. :lol: Come on out to FedEx field on Sunday, even if it's just to spectate. I'm not sure what I'll be driving, but I'll be in the first heat that starts at ~9am.

And how about a sneak peak at my new wheels...

medium.jpg

Hope to have them on at Carlisle.

And how about a sneak peak at my new wheels...
Ewwwwww. Not my favorite style of wheel, but I know peoples out there like them... The question is though, just how big are they? I might like them if they're big enough... :lol:

Ordered NEW tires, 245/45/16 Hankook RS2 Z212 from Edge Racing. Hoping to get them mounted on the new wheels next week(end). At this point it doesn't seem likely that I will get much more paint/body work done before Carlisle. It just seems like there's so much left to do, and not nearly enough time to do it. So I will try to get the drivers side painted and I'll worry about the passengers side, roof, and trunk after Carlisle.

:barf: They almost look like a set of Corvette C4 wheels or something... But I don't remember them being quite that large.

Definitely not my favorite style of wheels, but that's purty beefy right there. So when does the teasing end?

Those wheels don't look right on there anymore... :lol: And aren't they like +12 or something?

I like paint... Mike, the Corvette wheels have really grown on me... :oops: Keep up the progress!

Those wheels don't look right on there anymore... :lol: And aren't they like +12 or something?
Yes, 15x7 ET12 are now hidden in my fenders. If I put 57mm adapters on the front and 41mm on the rear with the 7" ET12, they would stick out as far as the 9.5". :lol:

The flat black on the rocker and the bottom 3" of the doors is 99cent/can from WalMart, and it actually turned out great. I tried using flat white on the doors and it was horrible (poor coverage, rough surface, tons of overspray). So I switched to Rustoleum "painters touch" flat white and it came out pretty good, but the doors still have the nasty finish underneath. I may try 1000 grit wet on the doors and spray another coat if it really needs it. It doesn't look that great in person, but I'm satisified. It's one color and the body looks pretty straight. This is the side that was crushed against the guardrail...

http://www.pbase.com/towerymt/bodywork&page=all

The season ended on a high note (and it still ran at the end of the day):
107583408.jpg

Haven't done much to the car since then...just been collecting parts.

Nice intake port
107503582.jpg

Too coarse for the M47....
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

V6 Mustang T5
107582326.jpg

Box 'o broken parts, but a good used V8 T5 input shaft
107582325.jpg

Need more grip. Dana clutch type LSD w/speedo tone ring (+rebuild kit)
107582307.jpg

Kumhos will get sold or used on the track. Hoosier A6 are mounted on the Works and wrapped up til spring.
107503580.jpg

2.5" needle bearings for the spring seats to let the springs rotate freely so they don't bind
medium.jpg

Beat Blkaplan Racing is going to have a good year.

Are you still using a M47?
Yes, for now. I have a spec stage 3+ clutch that I need to install with the M47. The current clutch slips.

Also have a replica group A spoiler to install on my -'85 flat trunk, and I have an IPD turbo cam for the 531. Probably need a wilder cam, but this one will do for now.

Back