• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1987 244 DL Autocrosser

Brake clearance:
RX7 calipers overhang rotor hat by 1.2", radius 7"
Rear calipers are inboard of hat by 0.40", radius 6-3/4"

Autocross results from Carlisle. I had a passenger for every run. Might have had a chance at the Corvette otherwise. My best 3-lap run was my first.

original.jpg

I believe Bill Miller owns the place. I ran into the other driver at the DC ProSolo and we talked for a minute. I really want to beat them next year, and new tires should help quite a bit. Along with another ~50hp and brakes that don't suck. But I'm sure an Evo will show up and crush me. All in good fun.

good times dude. that thing is getting pretty fast. and i def. think you could have given that zo6 a run for his money if you ran solo.

props to you man.

and your running mild boost correct?

You had 9 times the torque, of course your car SHOULD be faster. It's your car owner's fault that it was only ~1sec a lap quicker.

Tires are DONE. I made a mistake on #3 and missed a cone to go OC. Made a car control mistake on #4 and slid the car too much. I slowed up on both runs once I made a mistake because the tires were REALLY hot even after spraying them down. Ambient temp was 97F. With two drivers, the tires heat up quick.

I got some video with the GoPro so I have to figure out what to do with it so I can upload it to youtube. Course was FAST. If I had grip, I probably would have been on the limiter twice, but it was a struggle to get through a run cleanly.

original.jpg

It's warmed over. I think he was running 245/45/16 A6. It's an older guy. I'm faster than he is, but I couldn't put a run together today.

This video didn't turn out great (lighting, sound), but it at least kind of shows the speed of the course and the layout we have to work with around FedEx field. Top speed was probably about 60. Didn't hit the rev limiter, although I should have. Not enough cornering speed. This was run #2, the only decent one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/whW5OokdFq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/whW5OokdFq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tires are DONE. I made a mistake on #3 and missed a cone to go OC. Made a car control mistake on #4 and slid the car too much. I slowed up on both runs once I made a mistake because the tires were REALLY hot even after spraying them down. Ambient temp was 97F. With two drivers, the tires heat up quick.

Yep those tires are dead... you can see it on both our 3rd and 4th runs. They just fell off hard and became difficult to drive.

The two in-car clips need to be flipped. Your run got cut off before you started sawing. I didn't check if the card filled, but something happened. I'll get it figured out by the next event hopefully.

The two in-car clips need to be flipped. Your run got cut off before you started sawing. I didn't check if the card filled, but something happened. I'll get it figured out by the next event hopefully.

haha that would of been sweet footage... lol :lol:

I was wondering if that was gonna get posted for lulz

Bad 3rd run...was going well til ~50sec into the vid when I slid the car too much and nailed 3 cones. After that, I slowed down to spare the tires from any more abuse. We were spraying the tires with water to cool them, but they still got too hot and the grip went away near the end.

New tires arrive tomorrow! Next event July 11.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8B4BkxaRC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8B4BkxaRC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A: that lot looks amazing, I need to go up there.

B: You need to get a harness, or a CG lock, or twist the end and lock it before you put the seatbelt on. You've got a lot of forward and back movement going on and that ends up causing you to push/pull on the steering wheel and throws everything off a tad.

Job well done! Get the lighting/sound fixed and it'l be awesome.

Back