• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

302mm Caliper Carriers

Steve940Estate

I'm gathering a few bits together to fit 302mm discs to my 940 and have found a few things out about the caliper carriers.

After reading a lot of threads I found that there are 2 part numbers for these from Volvo.

The number listed on Vadis for early V70's is 8602456
There is also another number listed for C70's which is 8251319

Both numbers are still available but the 8602456 version is about twice the price of the other.

The only difference between the two versions people had noticed was that part of the casting was longer on the cheaper ones, I now think this isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure the 8602456 version is brand new and comes in a plated finish.
The 8251319 version is reconditioned and comes painted.

I have compaired both versions together and they share the same casting number but the new ones are obviously new.

Now just to confuse things I took pictures of the two I have and although they have the same casting number and were ordered using the same part number the castings are slightly different. I only just noticed this but here are the pictures. I would rather have the ones with shorter bits of casting so will trim them down a bit to match. Worth checking if you order some.

So from what I have found if you want cheap go for the painted ones 8251319

Cariers1.jpg

Carriers.jpg

Hi sorry I haven't replied sooner. In the UK the cheaper painted carriers are about ?25 each.
This is an exchange item so if you don't have some old ones to exchange you have to pay the extra surcharge. My local dealers said it was OK to return the 940 carriers so I went for it before they changed their minds !

Back