• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Interchangeability of Kjet parts??

PhoeniXXX

So I've got my whip all together but after checking some stuff it's spraying too much fuel,, like when I turn key the injectors are spraying (which I was told they're not suppose to do) and when he air metering plate it moved it just adds or takes away fuel but it never stops like it should, this was all tested car off and key on so the pump is running applying fuel pressure.

I never changed the line pressure or anything, but I did check how many shims were in there and it looked kinda rusty :1 and the previous owner wired the fuel pump so it's working full time when the key is turned, but I don't think that'd be a problem? Unless it's applying too much pressure possibly??
I did notice that the air meter, where the distributor sits on is actually a VW/Audi part from what looks like a CIS-E car because it has an extra plug on it that is completely unused, so idk if that could be giving me problems too like if the plate is the wrong size? But assuming it's nearly identical aside from the connector then it shouldn't give me an issue? But it's looking like I'm gunna need a new fuel distributor :1 the car is a 1978 240GT+T, I bought it NA tho but it's always run pig rich

Rust = bad ju ju in the fuel dizzy.

Post in wanted for an NA lambda fuel distributor, hopefully somebody has ripped it out and hasn't tossed it yet.

Are you sure the AFM is a VW part? The CIS-E plug is on the fuel distributor, not the AFM. Early cars (-'77) used a switch on the AFM to shut off the fuel pump when the engine isn't running.

FuelPumpRelayBypass.jpg

It sounds like the plunger is stuck in the fuel distributor if it's spraying fuel all the time. Either that or the CO adjusting screw has been turned too far.

How are you planning to enrich the mixture under boost with a NA injection system?

That airflow switch was nice because if you needed to test the system pressures and such. You just unplug that connector and the pumps run with the key on.

Are you sure the AFM is a VW part? The CIS-E plug is on the fuel distributor, not the AFM. Early cars (-'77) used a switch on the AFM to shut off the fuel pump when the engine isn't running.

FuelPumpRelayBypass.jpg

It sounds like the plunger is stuck in the fuel distributor if it's spraying fuel all the time. Either that or the CO adjusting screw has been turned too far.

How are you planning to enrich the mixture under boost with a NA injection system?

Yeah I remember when I pulled it out tho info plate have the VW Audi rings on it, and there's an extra unused 3-prong connector towards the back of the unit looks kinda like the second pic in this article http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/outofuel.htm I mean I figure if aside from that if it's he same then it shouldn't matter right? The actual distributor is the right one I checked the partnumber on it and compared it with what I've found online.. I think the plunger is stuck too or damaged or something because manually moving the plate won't stop it, just changes how much is sprayed

Oh and I planned on increasing the line pressure and I have a boost switch from an oem turbo model I was gunna wire that up to terminal 7, or possibly temporarily wiring a switch to the cold start injector to turn on at WOT

A little update for those wondering because I found all this pretty interesting myself: I got a stock fuel dizzy and air flapper set up and compared it to the one that was already on the car and the stock one had a small air flap! But the VW one on my car was bigger, actually the same size as the stock turbo air flap (I have a stock turbo setup to compare) but the actually dizzy was the stock volvo one since the partnumbers matched. I took out he line pressure valve from both and compared and the one that was on the VW air meter to he stock one and someone out an extra shim in it too (can't tell you the exact size, didn't have a caliper or anything)
Pretty interesting to me, the closer I look at things the more I'm finding out, I kinda feel like it was turbo'd at one point, my bf thinks so too

The diameter and especially profile of the air funnel is unique to every engine type, probably camshaft type, etc. But when swapped and connected properly they will work sometimes OK, sometimes great or not much. My 240 ran a combination of K-Jet parts from BMW, MBZ, Porsche, Volvo and VW put together for years.

VW Rabbit upgrade was to use the Audi 4000/ VW Quantum air meter because of it's larger size. I used to drive VW. Installing the entire CIS-E system from a VW Fox would be an improvement.

Before I molested my 245 I installed K-Jet from Scirocco into aircooled '73 Squareback (factory D-Jet):-D It ran great.

I figured it could work if set up properly, and would probably be even better too because you'd be able to push more air thru. I'm just gunna try modifying the stock one for now, make sure it runs properly then think about frankenstiening parts together. And are there any write ups on converting to a CIS-E system, because that sounds like a pretty good idea >u> Maybe I can ask one of my VW homies to help get me the parts haha

I figured it could work if set up properly, and would probably be even better too because you'd be able to push more air thru. I'm just gunna try modifying the stock one for now, make sure it runs properly then think about frankenstiening parts together. And are there any write ups on converting to a CIS-E system, because that sounds like a pretty good idea >u> Maybe I can ask one of my VW homies to help get me the parts haha

Installing the CIS-E ECU and harness from a VW Fox (late 80's to early 90's) required connecting 2 wires to the 1982 VW Quantum wiring. The fuel lines were worse to adapt than the wiring. I did install the 1990 VW Fox 1.8L along with the CIS-E ECU into the Quantum. The ignition system was a separate control unit so I retained the original 1982 ignition parts.

Back