• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Injector size calculators accurate?

noz-e8tr

Playing around with one and according to it, the stock injectors in my 1990 Turbo (I think they are 336.8 cc/min) at 80% duty cycle can support approx 170HP. Does this sound about right? Would I be approaching that HP with TLAO chips, Ipd Turbo cam, 2.5" exhaust and cold air intake? I'm currently at stock boost, but would like to up it maybe to around 12psi. with boost controller. At what point should I start looking at more fuel. I'd rather hear from actual experience then some on line calculator.

Most people run 15psi just fine on a stock turbo and injectors. If you want a little extra fuel.you could.go with a 3.5 or 4 bar fpr (off a Porsche or dodge).

Wideband is always recommended for any engine when starting to push the power numbers up. Even if just to validate afrs after a major mod or change in boost.

Playing around with one and according to it, the stock injectors in my 1990 Turbo (I think they are 336.8 cc/min) at 80% duty cycle can support approx 170HP. Does this sound about right? Would I be approaching that HP with TLAO chips, Ipd Turbo cam, 2.5" exhaust and cold air intake? I'm currently at stock boost, but would like to up it maybe to around 12psi. with boost controller. At what point should I start looking at more fuel. I'd rather hear from actual experience then some on line calculator.

Most answers I have seen seem insanely high ie they say people need roughly double the cc/min that I have seen for "official" sources such as Ford Motorsport.

Hence I am enormously suspicion and think it plays into the tendencies of the "put everything on the car twice as stupid as I should and it'll turn out great" crowd..
In other words , a money grab. Buy BUY BUY!!!!

That's what I was thinking John. Seems like the numbers they are pushing just don't add up, unless of course your objective is just to sell.

Most answers I have seen seem insanely high ie they say people need roughly double the cc/min that I have seen for "official" sources such as Ford Motorsport.

Hence I am enormously suspicion and think it plays into the tendencies of the "put everything on the car twice as stupid as I should and it'll turn out great" crowd..
In other words , a money grab. Buy BUY BUY!!!!

Thanks. For now I don't really want to push it too hard. I'll save that for the motor on the engine stand. So if all I'm looking for is around 12psi, I should be good. And a decent AFR gauge is coming soon. Just to keep an eye on things and it will be needed in the future.

Most people run 15psi just fine on a stock turbo and injectors. If you want a little extra fuel.you could.go with a 3.5 or 4 bar fpr (off a Porsche or dodge).

Wideband is always recommended for any engine when starting to push the power numbers up. Even if just to validate afrs after a major mod or change in boost.

Keep in mind the turbo+ for your car was rated at 188hp on stock injectors and 11psi.

I'm with Mike, you should be good for a while until you really start to push it.

If it helps, I'm only seeing about 65-70% on my 780cc injectors, at around 300hp at the crank right now.

Have a look at a different approach, and read some on-site info by injector dynamics.

Here is their calculator http://injectordynamics.com/injector-selector/

Here is a proof of how good these things work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1xIvOWcNk 2ks on a 1.8lt NA car .. perfect idling even with their biggest option.

ID1000s are a great option. Plus Injector Dynamics is one of the few companies that give you flow data, dead times, offset and matching error below 1%.

What you pay, you get though.

Back