• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Electric Fan Conversion

It may increase airflow disruption so the fan may be on more often, otherwise with some fabbing, it may work.

Already have a 9 series efan. Again, this was a general question. Everybody always says 940/960/850 but the x70 ones look exactly the same. Thought I'd ask if anybody knew firsthand (not guessing) if they were in fact, the same.

The difference is in the shroud and the length of the wires. IIRC they're the same as the 850. The 940/960 has the longer wires.

I wired my pusher fan to the brake switch. It only comes on when I'm braking. I've found that it really does help with the A/C though.
That is awesome. :lol:

A pusher fan is obviously better than nothing. Hence, the addition of it to the '91+ 240s. It only comes on with the A/C.

To those using the 940 fan on 240s, without the 940 shroud; if you fastened them to the shroud, does it hold up okay? The extra weight did not cause it to crack or break?

I realize it would have been much easier if I took the shroud, but since it was -highly- damaged...

Going to try to use some aluminum bar from the four corners, and extend them to the fan.

My 780 didn't have the room for a 960 efan shizz. I ended up making a bracket out of some flat steel from home depot and a pusher fan from jegs. Seems to work ok.

I realize it would have been much easier if I took the shroud, but since it was -highly- damaged...

Going to try to use some aluminum bar from the four corners, and extend them to the fan.

Just use a 740 turbo fan shroud. It works perfectly and clears the water pump.

579969_504469126234433_1398370401_n.jpg

Since then I painted it and trimmed the foam.

hey guys i have a question, i've had my car for 1 month now and previous owner ( Marek from here in Montreal ) put this 940 e-fan with the 940 relay, i've went threw 3 relay that doesnt work...

ill explain

so its only connected on 1 speed for now, relay has power from battery, soldered the 2 wires from the coolant temps sensor in the rad to the relay connector and e-fan plugged in the relay, all good now i start the car and it takes 2 minutes then the fans start alone, so i wait till temps rises, once they are good i shut it off only to find the fan will stay on... disconnect he battery plug, replug it and fans turns on again.... now i cant plug it back in without it starting and when it doesnt turn on... i start the car and same thing again will happend...

so right now im on a switch which i cant wait to get rid of...

any help ?

k well fans works great, turns on and then off when coolant is cold enough... BUT as soon i turn off the key, fans goes back on... WTF is wrong...

this is the 3rd relay i've went threw in 2 weeks to try and fix this damn problem

AS SOON AS you turn the key, or a little while after? It's normal for the fan to run after the car is shut off in some circumstances, but it should not run for more than 1-5 minutes, MAX. Does it keep running indefinitely?

Yep, mine runs for about 30 seconds after shutdown when it's real warm.
You could try a slightly lower t-stat or slightly higher temp fan sensor if it runs for too many minutes after shutdown, i would think.

AS SOON AS you turn the key, or a little while after? It's normal for the fan to run after the car is shut off in some circumstances, but it should not run for more than 1-5 minutes, MAX. Does it keep running indefinitely?

Already asked. Can't seem to get him to answer properly. That's fine. His money.

Fan will not turn off at all, even when cold its turns on right away after key is off

Ive tested up to 20min without shut off

Back