• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bought me a 760 for $274.75

Powder>Paint

So i go up to Rhonert Park w my accomplice,

with an agreed upon 300 bucks no haggle price. I have the cash, because its super uncool agree on a price an haggle further on an already great deal.

I also have my AAA in case this car fails me. Meet Mike, really good guy. has multiple volvos in yard, im like "Babe, thats def his spot babe, oh look there's a 7!"

Car was paid for, started up once jumped, and was ready when a flat was changed.
Made it 71 miles back home under its own power with no visual emissions according to my hot decoy blocking the 2015 sticker... :-P

Get home, unlock glove box, $25.25 in quarters!

Thanks Mike!

Pretty sweet ride, gonna reg it tomorrow...:cool:

If time and da monies permit, maybe this 760 will make davis also... Its goal is as a parts car for the main shop car we are bringing, but i kinda like the sedan look. Shop car is a 740 wag, need fenders, hood, and other stuff to have the wag vinyl wrapped in time for the meet. My ol lady likes this car too, so thats further incentive to keep it.:)

not yet.....:)

thermostat housing has a real slow leak, hence all of the RTV there. it likes to pool up on the distributor plug

also the upper water pump seal has got a fair bit of oil on it so keep an eye on that.

otherwise anything coolant related that leaked has been fixed

Shes mint boys. Relatively...:rofl: But no really, shes nice, and Mike is cool for hookin' a brotha' up w a good deal. Impossible to find a RWD, turbo, running, driving, vehicle for this price.

*Now* it's already worth fo'-fiddy (and change), see... :cheers:

Those bullet holes in the back window will attract Attention though.

Make sure you leave good feedback fo de man. :nod:

Done!

Oh im keeping the bullet hole back window fer sher! It fits right in in this city!:rofl: Thats just how gangster turbobricks is nowadays.:cool:

So changed the battery, 126 bucks. Plugs, 9 bucks for ngks. Free rotor, free cap, free wires on warranty exchange at oreilly. ( I love that ish) 19 bucks worth of asstd fuel lines to replace all the vac lines that were worn. Oil and filter 24 bucks. Air filter 11 bucks.
registered it too.... Cost was gonna be 356, but they waived the late fees and it turned out to be 131 and done at dmv, but it still needs smog. Feels like it will pass, ive had may worse of hooptys pass....:rofl:

Total cost to own this sooper bichen turbo ticket magnet so far: $594.25.... I would not be able to find another rwd, turbo, running, registered, tuned up car as cheaply. 594 is less than an annual internet cost, so in a way, its actually cheaper to own this car than surf the net....:lol: Currently at stage -.5, almost at stage zero, shes currently making all the boost. (better descriptor than yellow boost, lmao no numbers)

That is an absolute bargain. Congratulations! I need to find something similar around here.

Thanks man, so far so good!! Flogged it through the foothills today in the black diamond coal fields, and it feels REALLY strong torque wise, even though it feels completely unstable and twitchy cornering....:rofl:

Best guess, get all 4 tires matching in size to start with. Then the standard billy hd/sways/cutacoil/alignment recipe should be fine till i can redo all the bushings everywhere.:lol:

Back