• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NPR intercoolers

Dfer10 said:
i am just going off real life experience
So was I.
no need to start calling names.

But at this point neither of us has numbers to back up what we were saying.
It would be interesting to have some pressure drop numbers across the stock and upgraded IC's.

This is why I have two identical boost gauges.
One before and one after the IC.
I shall soon have numbers for a stock volvo IC(with the inlets at the top) and for the all metal Powerstroke IC.

Boris740 said:
See my post NPR

The plot does not do the justice to NPR because the tests were not done at same temperature. Take that into account and NPR would make a much smaller bump in the temperature plot were both tests done at same temperature.
You have the large sized NPR? Would the smaller ones perform equally as well i'm wondering.

ovlov760 said:
You have the large sized NPR? Would the smaller ones perform equally as well i'm wondering.

I have a large size - 27 row. If the smaller one would perform equally than there would be something wrong with the laws of physics.

Resurrecting this thread.

The NPR Intercooler, the largest one, everyone uses for their 240s/740s come from the Isuzu large box trucks?
Like this one?

66hm.png

There is a mitsubishi truck that also uses the same intercooler but the Isuzu NPR trucks are the most well known truck for the intercooler. Mine actually had a mitsubishi number on it but it looked the same as the large NPR one.

Back