• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt 16v+t

low req fuel allows a more finely grained tune (if you need it/want it), as long as you have enough to meet the highest demands. think 255 is the highest value you can use on the ve table.

also, on the siphoning for the alcohol inj, a lot of folks started using solenoids for nozzles installed after the tb that are subject to vacuum. food for thought, wouldn't be much to install some and have them come on with the pump.

My header broke again. https://youtu.be/zPLjqiqS4h0 You may remember,I cut and pasted a big block v8 header to 16v flange. I beat on it for maybe 3 months. The collector broke where the 4 merge into one. Not my weld, but for sure my problem. Going to get one made with sch 10 ss by a pro. Just got the flange from Australia. Car did great moving stuff to new house and garage , even though manifold was busted. Still unpacking and arranging stuff. Seems it will never end....

Last edited:
low req fuel allows a more finely grained tune (if you need it/want it), as long as you have enough to meet the highest demands. think 255 is the highest value you can use on the ve table.

also, on the siphoning for the alcohol inj, a lot of folks started using solenoids for nozzles installed after the tb that are subject to vacuum. food for thought, wouldn't be much to install some and have them come on with the pump.

I had this issue on my car with it siphoning the alcohol tank, got a snow performance check valve and that seems to have solved my issues for the moment

Back to the locking of the idle cells deal.

Otto Tune changes the idle cells because it is trying to match the AFR target shown in your AFR table.

When you get the idle right in the VE manually tuning, note the afr's and correct the afr table.

Another aspect of this, is if the AFR table is not corrected and O2 correction is enabled it will do the same to the idle area.

The AFR table needs to reflect exactly what the motor wants, not some magical 14.7 number that few (if any) motors will idle at.

Good to know Cosbysweater. I bought two check valves from devils own, but they both dont work very well at all. I just moved my two jets before tb but after bov and its been doing well ever since.
Dirty Rick, that very well could have been the case . Havent had that issue since, so i probably mucked up the target idle af for a minute, then fixed it.
Manifold flange came in from australia. Two to three weeks out for it to be completed. Turbo still out the hood, but twin on3 wastegates now and true paired pulse manifold for split port hx52. I am kinda excited. Patient pantzzzz

118GwtE.jpg
hswUkBm.jpg
10GVd20.jpg
xDmebej.jpg
aEiV5kM.jpg
Happy Thanksgiving to all. And to all a full belly!

Last edited:
Great stuff buddy! Love it!

One thingi would suggest video wise is to get some kinda aux light and not use your camera/prone light, so you can properly see the stuff on the laptop ;)

Adam

Thanks Brother! From what I saw on my laptop last night , its visable. For sure need better lighting. :oops:

Last edited:
What kind of scaling is going on with that VE table?

100kpa is where NA ends and boost begins.

You need to re-scale your table to reflect the actual boost levels you will see on your install.

20psi of boost is 250kpa (well 21.5 really) so that is a realistic upper limit for your table.

RE: the cell locking, this works well starting out but once you have a good solid idle established, note the AFR readings and enter them in your AFR table for the respective cells.
This tunes your AFR table to what the motor wants and auto-tune will then leave them alone and the O2 correction at an idle will not drive your fueling off into lala land.

Holy crap late followup......

Back