• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Hot out the top of motor, cool in the bottom?

Haven't put the faker thing in yet.

Temp stayed steady with the mechanical. Initially I had the e-fan on a manual switch. Just turned it on in town and turned it off on the highway. Just don't forget.

Yeah, 179* going in should be ok.

Dunno. Driving it around town she stays cool. Park and it spikes.

Check the coolant level and try a new cap.. maybe air in the system. Maybe the tstat is not letting the coolant to reach the switch? Just speculating.

With no mechanical fan, it's going to jump pretty quick but it should cool down with the fan running. So, let it run till the fan turns itself off, or idle for 15min at operating temp whichever comes first. If the fan doesn't get to shut off or the needle continues to rise you have issues, if the fan shuts off or the needle drops after a few minutes with the fan on you should be fine.

Hot out the top of motor, cool in the bottom?

Haven't put the faker thing in yet.

Temp stayed steady with the mechanical. Initially I had the e-fan on a manual switch. Just turned it on in town and turned it off on the highway. Just don't forget.

Yeah, 179* going in should be ok.

Dunno. Driving it around town she stays cool. Park and it spikes.

Pretty sure the water pump pushes.

"Blink, blink..."

IMG_7428-M.jpg

Welcome to the club! I've got those on my car and the P2 repeaters on my Wife's car. I like them a lot, keeps people more aware when in traffic/when space is tight.

So you aren't sure about the e-fan mod? I am considering it for my car to test out and see if it helps with any sort of MPG for around town/highway driving.

If it's coming on way too hot with the 82 then something else is going on. Do you have a laser temp reader?

I don't. Nice idea. Switch in lower hose Saab T. Always-on power to switch, wire from switch to relay, opposite relay tab to ground. Fused always-on power to relay, opposite tab to fan, opposite fan to ground. (From memory.) Low speed on fan.

Out of town this week. Gives me something to think about. If the Saab T is oriented upward, could an air bubble get trapped between the coolant and the sensor? Doesn't seem likely.

It's run hot with all three sensors. Switching it manually it cools fine.

Open the reservoir and run it for some time (stay in the car and watch the gauge). Make sure theres sufficient fluid level as well. Watch it turn on and off. Let it cycle a few times with the pressure cap open. That should get all the air out.

It shouldn't matter which orientation the sensor is pointing. That hose has some pressure. I suggest this since this is what fixed mine yesterday!

Details...

Never been thrilled about the lack of circuit protection on the rear-mounted battery. I've shielded and secured the long 00 cable running to the front. But still. Today I found this at NAPA. Pretty excited. Should be a clean install. We'll see how 200 amps does.

IMG_7631-M.jpg

Having a local shop rebuild the 100 amp Denso alternator. Not really needed with my stripper, but may as well. Plus I really like the look of the small unit. Got some new rubber bushings for the alt mount a while back.

On the fence with the e-fan. Got a bit of time into it, but honestly, with my modest speed goals, and need for reliability, I'm likely going to swap the mechanical fan back in.

Took the PDX DL on a country two lane to visit the in laws about an hour away in Silverton today. The car rides beautifully with the current suspension set up. It rained on and off so I got to use the rear wiper for the first time. Very cool. Before leaving I rotated the Saab T 90* the test my air bubble theory. Of course at speed the fan is not needed. But once in Silverton the temp did climb pretty high before the fan came on. This was the in laws first ride in "The baby moose" (as the wife calls it) and they were suitably impressed. Made it home without a hitch. Let it idle in the drive for a few minutes with the fan cycling on and off with the temp gauge in the normal range. Seems to be working properly at the moment. Dunno. I hope so. It's kind of cool.

IMG_7638-M.jpg

Did u have the pressure cap off? Maybe it's free of air now from when you had it opened up to install the T. Sounds legit now.

Back