• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS Swapped Amazon featured in LSX Magazine

Whoa, there' not a whole lot of Volvo left in that Volvo:
volatile-volvo-greg-carnforths-immaculate-ls-powered-65-volvo-0006-640x480.jpg

EDIT: Not to say that's a bad thing...

+1
Way too much cosmetic customization IMO
It's not that it's been customized, it's that the customized bits stand out so much. A truly exceptional car you would look at and just assume it came that way. Like the Vox wagon. This, while it is very nice and has a lot of what looks like quality work done to it, just doesn't do it for me. Looks like something Boyd Coddington would build.

The Vox wagon popped up in a Guy Martin show I watched the other day.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-vs-the-robot-car

Partway through, he's driving a Tesla P100D around a track, and they decide to bring the Vox out to see which is quicker. The Tesla stomps it.
It's a strait line race with a Tesla. Nothing is going to touch that 0-60 with out some sort of drag tires. The Amazon started reeling it back in towards the end.

I like Guy Martin, but can hardly understand him most of the time.

It's a strait line race with a Tesla. Nothing is going to touch that 0-60 with out some sort of drag tires. The Amazon started reeling it back in towards the end.

Apologies for the continued thread jack, but this is the only street race I've seen the Tesla lose to that wasn't a disguised drag car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1DBLQr7zs0

It's not that it's been customized, it's that the customized bits stand out so much. A truly exceptional car you would look at and just assume it came that way. Like the Vox wagon. This, while it is very nice and has a lot of what looks like quality work done to it, just doesn't do it for me. Looks like something Boyd Coddington would build.

I don't know... It might look like something Boyd would have built in the 90s.

It looks like a stick of butter

I’m just wondering why he stopped the cosmetics just above the bumper. I’d like it better if it were a- widebody or b- less rim more tire. The ride height also seems high for that much rimpz.

And I just noticed, shaved markers but gaping is off at the center/fender line.

I mostly like it. Colour might not be for everyone Not the best 2 door conversion I have seen but I have seen a many worse. The shadows in teh photos make it look like ripples down the length of the body but on closer looking I would say its probably quite straight.

The early look grills just don't look right to me and I would rather see them body colour or have the real deal in there. I'm not 100% on teh front bumper. I dont like how much interior space is lost to running gear but that might just be teh price you ahve to pay.

Did anyone else notice teh wipers or lack of?

Lots of nice common mods there and the hidden filler (inspired by Atoms build?) and I'm always happy to see a amazon customized to a decent standard.

You would struggle to understand a real broad northern accent, the language is not even the same. When I used to work in tech support I always ended up being passed the Scots and Geordies as no else could understand them.

Maybe I'm not the only one, but I can't help but think that 10 years from now this car will come across like those crazy customs from the early 80s where we saw a lot of butchered 240s coming out of Europe with Testarosa fenders, etc. It's complete overkill, phenomenal craftsmanship, vanilla as hell looking, but just another LS in the bucket.

You might be the only one. LOL

Maybe I'm not the only one, but I can't help but think that 10 years from now this car will come across like those crazy customs from the early 80s where we saw a lot of butchered 240s coming out of Europe with Testarosa fenders, etc. It's complete overkill, phenomenal craftsmanship, vanilla as hell looking, but just another LS in the bucket.

You're not the only one.

Agree 100%. This is exactly why I can't get excited about it.

Back