• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 Kingsbourne Plug Wires

brickborg

Good morning TB, a quick question for you all.

I'm mid-teardown in my 760's engine bay, and the time came to install the shiny new set of Kingsbourne plug wires I had. I was bummed to see that none of them have any kind of positive engagement or "click" when pushing them on to the plug end, they just kind of slip fit. I don't think this is right, but I'd be surprised if such a reputable company had such terrible quality standards.

So then- anyone notice this with their set of Kingsbournes? Or should I be calling for a new set of wires?

Do the wire set you have there have the metal boots or rubber? Picture?

The set I took off was made by "ImportDirect" and had the metal boots. These have the (newer, presumably) rubber boots and look like so:

plugwires.jpg

If this is purely a case of "buy the right plugs" I'll be pretty happy. They were recently replaced but the shop that worked on the car for the previous owner had a bad case of "buy the cheap parts and charge OEM prices".

I've never had an issue with the Kingsborne's on mine engaging securely. Their silicone plug boots do require the nuts on the plugs, where most metal boots I've seen do not use those.

Ok so if your old set of wires had the metal ends chances are the plugs on the car are missing the threaded end cap. So just go get a new set of plugs and they should have the end cap that those wires will click on to.

Back