• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Do you have any pictures of how it looked finished?:)

Mine was a hack job but it worked

39121284.jpg

34500520.jpg

Filter as viewed through the air dam

For the wagon I'm going to use the diesel air box, cut a 3" hole in it, thru the sheet metal. Then take a section of scrap exhaust tubing and weld it so it goes thru the sheet metal up into the bottom of the air box. On the bottom I'm going to cut it on an angle and put a "cap" on it with then opening facing towards the wheel well so it can't pick up rain water.

I just read this thread front to back! Not that I have anything important to do at work you know. Love the build, love the skill and I will give up my first born child if your parents let me build a cabin on their property....

Mine was a hack job but it worked

For the wagon I'm going to use the diesel air box, cut a 3" hole in it, thru the sheet metal. Then take a section of scrap exhaust tubing and weld it so it goes thru the sheet metal up into the bottom of the air box. On the bottom I'm going to cut it on an angle and put a "cap" on it with then opening facing towards the wheel well so it can't pick up rain water.
Thanks for the photos!:)
I was thinking about making a big hole and use 2 flanges, on on each side to bolt the filterbox and airintake pipe in. Than I wont need any welding on the car and can bolt everything togheter and use it as a mount for the filterbox also.

Will see in the end what I finally decide to do:)
I just read this thread front to back! Not that I have anything important to do at work you know. Love the build, love the skill and I will give up my first born child if your parents let me build a cabin on their property....

Thanks alot!:)Nice to read comments like this!
About the child, I think my parents have enough kids and are to old for a new one:-P We have a beatiful property home, but remember. It lies 30 minutes from the place in Norway who holds the rain record:-P So the sun can stay away for long times at the time:-P

the seats have arrived!Really satisfied with them, love the carbon fiber back:)

Modified the Evo 8 mounts and got them bolted on the orginial 240 sliders. Have cutted new mounts in alu with correct dimensions so they fit straight in:)

Got some alu material for a wing. Hopefully it will look as awesome as I imagine, if not I will probably use the standars group a wing on the car.

Width compared to a group a wing:)

Got some parts right before Christmas!
Walabro in tank fuelpump.

0-10 bar oilpressure feeler.

VDO oilpressure, oiltemp and watertemp gauges.

2 uniballs and 4 welding ends for the wattlink.

And a panhardmount a guy on vccn fixed for me!:)

Got the car in the "workshop".

Put the wattlink on the axel and made the first pipe.

Welded both pipes:)

Cutted the extra panhardmount I got in the mail, after 30 cuts if fitted the car perfect:-P

Used this to get the pipes in equal position before welding the new mount.

Finised welded!

Really happy with how it turned out!

Welded the radiatorbar mounts.

And fixed this little bit since the right tower has sinked in a bit after riding with stiff shocks without towerbrace.

Grinded and ready!

Love the watts link. I plan on doing a similar setup on my car

Wattlink is awesome:)Think I need it also, since the 10,5" wide LM Wheels have little clearence in the wheelhousing.

Mounted the Chair again and got the slider to work again. On the pics the Chair is adjusted all the way back, think the positioning is much the same as original 240.

Wanted to lower it abit, but turns out thas not possible since I wont get the rear nuts on then, the seat will touch the screws on the slider.

Cutted a 1 meter long 25mm aluminium pipe piece and put it inside the future wing.

Welded the parts togheter.

Should have been a little wider??:wtf::-P

Welded the corners on the radiatorfan cover.

Just need to drill the radiator to Mount it.

Started modifing the Tower strut braces plates since the original idea would hit the Hood(I think).

And got some more pipes for the Cage!

Spotted the New towerstrutbrace plates and tested them in the car. Alot more clearence for the Hood and still good clearence for the engine.

Really happy With how it turned out!:)

Mounted the Cage in the car.

And seat With belt:)

Mounting the hooks in the tunnell and the orginal seatplate in the side of the car.

Plan was to Mount the belts here, and the just Clear the Cage when I tighten them in. But it turns out that its possible to cut the belt and get rid of the hook attachement. So I will do that and Mount them around the rear crossover on the cage:)

Have to make New seatbrackets on the inner sides, as you can see the char is tilting against the geartunnell.

Started With som grinder fitting on the last pipes on the Cage.

Testing to see if I should put a cross in the main bar or not. I really like the looks of it and think Im going to do it, any views on that matter?:)

Is there any reason you didn't do a harness bar on the cage?
The original plan was to fit the harness in the "top shelf" since they had hooks on them. Need this spesific belt because of the rules in Norway:)But since it is alright to cut them I will now attach them on the bar going from wheelhouse to wheelhouse, think that will work out good!
When it fits around the seat, do the main bar the other way around.. drivers top to passengers bottom..
It will be to pipes there, like the cross in the back:)Just couldnt fit the last pipes before I spotweld the first pipe.

Drille holes and welded in nuts for the battery box

Mounted

Spotted the cross in the main pipe

And welded first reinforment in the gearbox mount

Welded mounts on the fuelcatchtank

Testmounted:)

Picture of the car going in, here you can see the new cross in the cage better.

Why, no snow yet in Norway?

Excellent work once again. No taco's in your cage?

The snow is coming and going. Last year there was almot no snow, this year it has been alot when it have been snowing. But when the rain starts again the snow dissapears quick:-P This is at my parents place, where I live and work in the weeks we have snow. Thats good so the 960 can be used like its supposed to:)

Thanks alot!:)Hahaha, there will be taco's:-P In both the crosses, just waiting for them to arrive in the mail, they are ordered some time ago:)

Nira injection has arrived!:)

And spotted the last reinforcement on the gearbox mount, alot of weldings but hopefully it will look nice when its grinded and painted.

The trunk is 100% ready for blasting and priming(I hope!!). Grinded alot of small spots and welded the last holes.

Welded a nut in for the fuel catchtank so I wont have to take out the rear windshield everytime I want to take it out:-P

And finished welding the tower strut brace.

Back