• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cutting volvo 240 factory springs.

the more you cut the springs the higher the spring rate gets.

you gonna wreck if you drive with bad shocks.

Everything Tuff240 said + 1000. I did 1.5 coils on the driver side/ 1.75 coils on the passenger side and 1 coil on both rears on my 245. Car sits dead level and rides fine.

You guys are probably right about replacing these shocks, however i'd still trust a bit older but OEM shock than the aftermarket crap. (I'm still on budget, otherwise i'd get bilsteins and proper springs...)
Fortunately there are a few companies who rebuild non rebuildable shocks (most of the time an oil change brings them back to life) for a pretty cheap price. This is the plan if they feel ****ty.

Main thing is to keep the car comfy, boaty, but drop the car a little bit to forget that offroad setup and get a nice nose down look.

you gonna wreck if you drive with bad shocks.

Lol, if the driver is dumb enough, he can wreck even the best racecar in the world.

If it feels ****ty, I wont trust it and create dangerous situations..

Everything Tuff240 said + 1000. I did 1.5 coils on the driver side/ 1.75 coils on the passenger side and 1 coil on both rears on my 245. Car sits dead level and rides fine.

Why the difference?

Just for reference, here's what my car looks like, with 2 coils cut from the front, and 1 coil cut from the rear:
IMG_5679.jpg

I still love your car... And I'm jelly at those wheels, they make the car look awesome even if its not that low. :cool:

Last edited:
Why the difference?

Diff in weight from the drivers to passenger side. Add the driver, power steering/ A/C comp and battery all on the DS will need a bit more spring to sit level. My side to side in the front on un cut springs was about 3/4" to 1" diff , now both sides are spot on 26" from the center of the fender lip to the ground. Tuff240 apparently has this dialed in:).

Here is how she sits now.

Back