• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

95 940 slicktop white race wagoon.

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
Picked up this 95 940 slicktop white no sunroof sleeper wagon for the kid. 180k, 1500 dollar. One owner, some lady. What a car! Dueling air bags! Cloth interior! Turbo? Ha ha ha..

What's weird is it doesn't have a turbo gauge on the dash is that normal for 95 940?

white9401.jpg

white9402.jpg

white9403.jpg

Plan is drive it around fix everything and give it to kid when she gets back from France foreign exchange. Has leaky exhaust manifold gasket blown out on number one. And heater core is by passed. That's about it and ohh yeah the strut rod bushings of course..

Simon

Last edited:
Heater core took me 8 hours also... never again lol. Looks nice, white is my favorite on these. Factory boost gauge is useless anyway, it just tells you that there is some or none.

It idles so smooth it's hard to tell it's running. I've done heater core in a 740, I don't remember it taking 8 hours. Maybe the 940 is different. I guess I'll find out.

Other problem the cloth drivers seat one side doesn't move forward or back with the letric thing. Gotta fix that also I guess. At least it's gray so gray leather seat maybe a good fix. There was a real nice one on a 940 at pick in pull few weeks ago. Might have to go check that.

It does have heated seats and they work.

Last edited:
Volvo started to really cut back on the "fully equipped" items in 94-95. My 95 Turbo wagon is fully optioned with the sunroof (glass), leather interior, fog lights and roof racks. MSRP was in the mid to high 30K's.

Volvo started to really cut back on the "fully equipped" items in 94-95. My 95 Turbo wagon is fully optioned with the sunroof (glass), leather interior, fog lights and roof racks. MSRP was in the mid to high 30K's.

somebody swapped that roof in. Only 960s came with a glass moonroof.

Very nice find,a turbo with cloth and no sunroof. I?ve heard they made them just never saw one.even needing the core I still would have bought it for sure.

Update! Blew the headgasket after blowing the plastic heater control valve behind the head in the heater hoses. DAmmit, forgot about that thing. I normally just ditch that. Then drove it from Linton to Scappoose (15mile) after it blew and after I decided to run away from the cracker in the bmw who started after me? So now gotta take head off. Thinking about it almost easier to do that then take exhaust manifold off. For one, you don't have to jack up the car.

Ohh and kid says she coming back next week... Oh boy...

I think maybe get some yellow blue pacific wonderland plates...

Last edited:
Nice! I always loved late model 940 Turbos! Not sure why they all never received no boost gauge. Hopefully the head is salvageable and nothing is too warped.

Back