• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

problem with the clutch?

snafu

when my car is off I can

shift threw all the gears, but when I turn the car on it wont go into any gears. When I try to put it in reverse

it will just grind. Is this a problem the with clutch or tranny? any help would be awsome. thanks.

the guy that was gonna buy it just had a baby so

he doesnt have the money to buy it. I think im gonna keep it for the track and probly sell it at the end of the

summer.

i would say it's the master cylinder which is not hard to rebuild, i did so with about $5.00 worth of rubber, $5.00 in steel and a bench grinder.

Sounds like the clutch is not releasing. But you say the clutch feels fine. If that is true, you must be feeling the normal resistance of the pressure plate( clutch cover). If the car has been sitting a long time, the clutch disc can stick to the flywheel and not release even though the pressure plate is no longer clamping it to the flywheel. Put it in gear, push the clutch in, crank it, (and drive through the garage!) no....do this in the driveway....crank it and if it tries to move, the clutch is not releasing. You could pull the coil wire to eliminate the possibility of it starting. But since you say the clutch 'feels' OK, it sounds like the the hydraulics are working. Good Luck!

Back