• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NA B230 mods?

Slimssousa

Got a NA 740 and is straight piped with a high flow cat and a K&N air filter. Any good ideas for a little bit more power ? ;-)

Camshaft is probably your biggest potential source.

I'm not a fan of those K&N filters personally, they do a lousy job of filtering and it's debatable if there is any performance benefit. The stock Volvo air filters are HUGE and flow well, and they do a good job of cleaning the air. Worn rings and bores from dirt and dust in the oil are not going to help you get more power.

Camshaft is probably your biggest potential source.

I'm not a fan of those K&N filters personally, they do a lousy job of filtering and it's debatable if there is any performance benefit. The stock Volvo air filters are HUGE and flow well, and they do a good job of cleaning the air. Worn rings and bores from dirt and dust in the oil are not going to help you get more power.

This. Ditch the K&N, now the stock K&N reusable filter for the stock airbox, yeah...I've heard people rave about them... I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's not on my top of my list. Someone else will buy it, trust me.

I have a VX cam(IPD) NA 940, with a lot of steering/suspension parts, the handling is awesome, but it needs some love to get it really going.

I'd love to DOHC this car, but if I got that far, I'd have a whole motor most likely as I'm a cheap bastard, and sorta poor (for the U.S.) so I'd rebuild it and turbo it.... squirts, etc.

Back