• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mike K? ruin another volvo. 945 pickup build

Looking nice. Out of curiosity, have you planned vents for air cirkulation in the cab? Just thought about it when I saw the original ones in the back.

Nice progress. I actually really like it a lot. You also have one of the best selling cars of all time in the US I see.

haha I really had to think about that one!

We're now ready for the explanation on the 'tail gate related thing' pics above, please sir.

I gotta get it near the car so I can SHOW you guys. I did pick it up yesterday, it's damn heavy! Made out of 2" steel stock - I think we're going to have to add some speed holes. I'll say it's specific to having to move the bike around and our extend-o gate.

Looking nice. Out of curiosity, have you planned vents for air cirkulation in the cab? Just thought about it when I saw the original ones in the back.

Just windows and retaining the flip up function of the sunroof. Might vent itself through the hatch at the back of the cab depending on how good we are at getting it to seal :lol:

Nice progress. I actually really like it a lot. You also have one of the best selling cars of all time in the US I see.

took me a while to figure that one out, it is the best selling car in the US, not one of the best.
hint-
My granddaughter loves going for a spin in it!

We're now ready for the explanation on the 'tail gate related thing' pics above, please sir.

I'd be interested in hearing some guesses.

The tailgate function is turning into a real engineering exercise. Maybe not Bucha style execution, but we're mig welding, hammer and block, bang it out in your garage types.

It's going to be slick.

Time to get cracking for the company car show and the eEuro meet in a couple of weeks!
Like to see it in a coat of epoxy primer!!

Dual swing tailgate? I.e it swings down or to the side?

that'd be cool. Not that fancy!

We had a couple hours today so we took a shot at using the outer section of the d-pillar from the parts car to blend the cab and bed rail together. It just took some fitting and cutting with the angle grinder and it worked out really well.

AzIw2qn.jpg

e3RKT7E.jpg

G9Z8AiX.jpg

kRyEZuW.jpg

EkuaZcS.jpg

You could sandblast the glass to size. It's done "all the time" for topchops 'n such.

had never heard of that. I do have plenty of glass to work with.

The second pillar went as well as the first.

ZYB6691.jpg

VyUyTvj.jpg

We also used some sections from the parts car to start building the rest of the hatch area.

kiB17xY.jpg

s7i7WxA.jpg

This afternoon we made an end piece to cap off one of the bed rails. The piece was made from a scrap piece of bed rail, so we were able to take advantage of the nice edge. Looks simple, but it was time consuming.

cQCQLYi.jpg

mf0yLuF.jpg

Thought that came out really nicely. Just have to keep working our way around and finishing things off like this and the back will be ready for body work.

5zuUgn4.jpg

Back