• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

MadDog_945;4681015. 180? off means what ? the motor pulled really hard while driving.. how can that be rotating it 180? into itself and still running? Im a little bit confused about your statement ;) Sry said:
I mean when you bent your valves turning the motor over by hand. The motor was probally 180* off piston comes up and smashy smashy.

Been to a Volvomeeting with some buddies on Sunday..

We have gasstation here in hamburg which is called "Oldtimer-Tanke" made up in the style the old gasstation from the 50s and 60s had.

Pretty cool place.. the only thing you cant do is fueling up your car ;) Environmental reason.. :roll:

Some Pics and btw.. the first time my 16v sees the open ;)

DSC_0303.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20130915-WA0010.jpg

In the front my buddy "kandi andi", in the middle my car, and behind me Bullweih
IMG-20130915-WA0011.jpg

Last edited:
mhmm

First of all I must say the engine runs astonishing smooth. Congratulation.

The noise seems not that hazardous to me, not very nice though. Have you tried to use a stroboscopic-lamp? i would like to check if the "peep" occurs exactly at the same time depending to the engine position. The engine belt will not help here. Due to the 1:2 rate between crank- and camshaft the positions between the marks on the pulley and the belt change continously.

Anyway, as far as I can estimate by watching the video, I would guess it's more a swinging due to resonance than a mechanical squeak through a metal to metal contact. The noise was there even before you had those issues with the bended valves? I can't rember that point. Does it persist if you ref it? It gets quiter with the engine warming up?

Best regards,

Steffen

Hi Steve,

thx :)

Yes, the noise gets quieter while getting warmer and your the 3rd in a rows who told me it is no bearing or so but resonance from the free mounted beltpulley.. i think i'll just turn the music louder ;)

It spilled all its cooling underneath itself... the ****ing fan did not start.. all the last week it worked like a champ.. but yesterday.. when it was really important to just function as it should... this ******* fan decided to not have elec.ground anymore.. so my engine was cooked.. nice..

Car stands in garage again.. smog failed btw until it pissed under it

OMG

This cannot be true?? Normally you should have a feeling for the moment when the fan should start to run, don't you? The cooling hoses expand extraordinary as well, before this happens. Didn't you joined the measuring? Ok, none of these hints will help you now, I know.

Keep your head up, fix the damage and then try again :whip:

What did the temp gauge indicated the moment the weakest spot gave up? And how was the smog test running up to this point?

Steve

Yeah.. you know... the tempgauge wasn't working cause i thought i soldered it broken cause i fixed a goundproblem on the foil.. so i was hoping the fan works as it should... it did.'t... so you think you hear a fan @ 3000rpm? ;)

In the end it were just 2 plugs not properly connected.. sometimes.. i think my car is spellbound... :roll:

Hey Roy, Krister needs some encouragement...:emo:

So let's hope that the engine did not get a damage cause of this.
@Krister: my 940tic has the mechanical van with the visco clutch. Last year the visco broke. But not as usual, what would mean a continously cooling, the silicone oil droped...I was driving half summer without the fan and received no damage until now. The temperature gauge didn't moved though. That's why I asked you.

Have a nice weekend,

Steffen

Yeah but you do smogtesting while standing still... So no airflow to cooldown the water... It revved about 90secs at 3000 rpm and started to cook the **** out... :/ hope the head hasnt warped... .... Grml

Ha... That makes me calm down :)

So.. What the smogtest said is that CO is too high... Started with 1.987 and settled down to. 750 when the boilover occured...

Megasquirt or not.... this is the question..

If.. it will be MS3x with every bit of it like Seq. Injection and Ignition Because i can :)

First item arrived..

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

One question.. is that Block removeable which reads the mitsu logo and 1Z10? i can see 4 pins when i bend it a bit.. but it doesn't look like its made to be removable ;)

Last edited:
No signs of the pistons hitting the valves again.. i think it was the totally broken valve guides which caused this.. pity for the SPM Valves...

but no news.. last action was that boilover thingy... i feel like.. **** you against the car right now :)

Need a new Cat though... CO value was way too slow in green area...

Back