• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

142autox's 142 AutoXer

That main hoop looks really far back, especially for a 2 door.

You wedge it really nicely against the B-pillar and get some extra support from the tubing if you are good with the fitup.

If you place it nicely you could build a box into the floor pan and also weld vertically along the bottom rail. You get a ton more weld and support that way.

Well, as you can see, it's a little late to be moving tubing. I'm a ok with it there. It is also immetiately above the rear control arm mounting point. The only disadvantage I can see is seat back brace length and aesthetics.

Tried a little uhpolstery today.

I think it turned out ok. Given a 2nd try I would have gone a little lighter on the glue, but here we are.

I know it's a drive but try to make it down to VIR or even Summit Point if you get the chance. Not much in PTE in Mid Atlantic but there are a few. Let me know if you plan to ever head this way and I'll be sure to make it to the event. Car looks good..

If I go back to autobahn it won't be in the 142. I was the jackass in the Chrysler Cordoba that tried to late brake you on the outside going into turn one. Needless to say it didn't work out.

I'd love to go to VIR. I'll just be doing HPDE for a while though so Mid Ohio will be my playground.

If I go back to autobahn it won't be in the 142. I was the jackass in the Chrysler Cordoba that tried to late brake you on the outside going into turn one. Needless to say it didn't work out.

I'd love to go to VIR. I'll just be doing HPDE for a while though so Mid Ohio will be my playground.

Do HPDE at VIR. Give me a heads up and I'll be your instructor.

If I have a good excuse to drag my car 8 hours from home I sure will. A friend of mine is a PTE Miata driver. If she goes there next year we might convoy.

If I have a good excuse to drag my car 8 hours from home I sure will. A friend of mine is a PTE Miata driver. If she goes there next year we might convoy.

Just let me know. I always enjoy meeting people. Would love to just ride around in a Volvo on track again...

I drove 10 hours to drive Mid-O. Just saying.......

So this happened...

The rears didn't clear at all so GRM came to the rescue.

Lower wheel, deflate, stuff in magazines, jack up wheel, re inflate.

Still kinda close.

I'll have to revisit this later. With just cutting the lip off the car sat on the tires so this is progress.

Back