• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

I was implying that based on your detailing effort, if you were in a marriage you would be the woman. Obviously my joke failed miserably; too old school or obscure or simply dumb. My bad.
That's racist!
Are you going to cover the front area with blue painter's tape to protect it on the drive?
I will not be protecting the rock chips from rocks.
I heard he's got a black leather car bra.

More like a black leather BRO.

After reading through this whole thread I have to say you've done a great job with the swap. Almost OE looking, which is how I would have gone as well. Love the attention to detail and the cleanliness of your work.

If you want to look into a smaller turbo to help recover some midrange, let me know and I'll do a match for you. I have a buddy who is seriously considering putting a T5 into a Caterham Super7, which should be entertaining if it comes together, and I'm trying to persuade him to pull the trigger. A GT3071R would be a very good match up to ~450hp at the wheels. Exhibit A, ATP's C30 which I believe was running stock internals.

c30_dyno3.gif

Won "Best RWD" at iPd! The car ran great save for a crack in a weld on the post cat exhaust. Eric at RSI welded that up for me and had zero issues.
Thanks Tony for the pictures.
485544_728607299370_1466338651_n.jpg

984284_728608437090_694840220_n.jpg

401894_728607603760_880367573_n.jpg

It's a nice '20 foot car'

In the opposite manner from normal.

From more than 20 feet away it looks pretty normal, just like an old 240 sedan. Well, other than the wheels.

It's only as you get closer that you start to see all the neat things that have been done to it. then: Whoa!

It's a nice '20 foot car'

In the opposite manner from normal.

From more than 20 feet away it looks pretty normal, just like an old 240 sedan. Well, other than the wheels.

It's only as you get closer that you start to see all the neat things that have been done to it. then: Whoa!

You're absolutely right. Homer has really built himself a bad ass sleeper.

Back