• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

14th Annual Davis Swap Meet, Car Show & Auto-X - Apr. 28-29

So my car's kinda a pile, obviously I don't want it to be judged so do I still have to pay 25.00 to park with everyone? I read the guidelines and I'm still a little confused.

I do have a VCOA sticker from one of the 13 previous owners :rofl:

Current VCOA membership required for discount. To park in the lot, you must pay. We have to pay the City of Davis > you have to pay us.

I'll be hauling my car down there for this. More than likely I will be hauling it down there via trailer but am going to try and have it sorted enough to do a few laps of the auto x and the car show for sure on Sunday.

All you Portlanders planning on a convoy down there or what? First time heading down for this.

Sean

Sounds like fun to me. I am planning on heading down with you all so someone keep me in the loop.

I am sure you all will lose me once we get to the California border with the towing speed limit being 55 in cali.

I am guessing leaving PDX sometime on Friday morning?

This will be the first real outing for the 240......as long as the wheels show up by then.

We'll keep you in the loop for sure -- Chris and I are planning on Friday morning, yeah. I'd imagine same goes for Kyle and Pat if he's coming but I haven't talked any specifics with Kyle yet and there may be more people this year driving down too.

Truthfully, I haven't even looked at the dates and seriously thought about this yet. My car has been sitting in my garage untouched and I've been super busy with life. :(

If I drive down I'll have to give up on the hangover and sleeping in Kyle's car the entire trip.

If the auto-x is going to be bigger, I better bring a turbo to defend my title I suppose.

Yeah, you might want to have a shop look at it before you drive it anywhere... :-P

:lol: Are you referring to the fact that my old car showed up at the V-Shop the other day?

Yeah I was thinking leaving friday morning, stick with you guys down there.

I need to do wheel bearings, turbo swap, a ball joint, tie rods, and probably an alignment but I've got plenty of time to do all that, hopefully get it all done next week.

If I drive down I'll have to give up on the hangover and sleeping in Kyle's car the entire trip.

If the auto-x is going to be bigger, I better bring a turbo to defend my title I suppose.

If I have the LS car done and running you could just drive that :-P

Sean

Haha, nice. SMART move on your part! Thing was a mess in the brake department, which is all we really looked at, basically.

Just beat kyle in his own car again and you've got it made. That car still would have been good on a medium sized lot. Quick steering, torque, traction, decent grip level from the 888s...

Back