• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Nice snag. I saw on in there once but decided not to get it. Probably would've been raped by Ralph (horrific alliteration FTW), and not worth the trouble of selling it.

I'm planning to head there in like two weeks, so not for a while.

Saab markers have been put on Volvos, search the forums? At least one guy selling them in For Sale has a pic.

I just did this in the 244 at the end of Jan in the pouring rain. Good times, and the group was surprisingly into the brick.

Nice!

I thought about the January class, but bailed.

I really do need to fab up some chassis braces, at the very
least, before embarrassing myself.

My car is still stock at under 100hp, but I'd rather have the
braces than more power for dancing with cones.

More power would be okay too...

The BMW folks at the winter skills course were really cool.

I grabbed that piece today! Just gotta wait till tomorrow to borrow a drill from work to install it!

On the way home I went to the Value Village on Edmonds st in Burnaby and found the Haynes manual for Volvo 740+760 even though mines a 90 and it doesnt cover that...But i have the european one for 90+ 740s on order from a place here in vancouver

But there was two more Haynes there for 240 series, and 100 series?/amazon/1800 there if anyone is looking for them!

I really do need to fab up some chassis braces, at the very
least, before embarrassing myself.

My car is still stock at under 100hp, but I'd rather have the
braces than more power for dancing with cones.

More power would be okay too...

The BMW folks at the winter skills course were really cool.

I'm stock/100 hp too. But, firewall braces and winter rubber were enough to keep me pointed in the right direction, tires squealing and all. Best thing about running a car that's 20 years older than anything else on the track is that you have a built-in excuse for not being fast.

auto-x_Jan2012.jpg

I'll be walking through the Chilliwack pick-a-part today or tomorrow. Anybody want something scoped out?

I'm looking for 1 or 2 of the 240 2-piece hub caps with the black 'V' centre.

Not there.

I was hoping to score an 8.8 rear from there, but until they get more exploders in stock all the 31 spline disc ones are taken...

I went down the street to Pro Auto Recyclers in Abbotsford and picked up a spiffy B5234T3 and a 31 spline disc brake 8.8. Seems like a good wrecker with quite a bit of later model Volvo stuff and realistic prices compared to the rest of the Vancouver Area.

http://www.importautorecyclers.com if you want to check them out.

Who's up for a Vancouver Volvos Valley run next Saturday? That'd be March 17. Hit up Pro Auto Recyclers in Abby, Pick-A-Part in Chilliwack?

I'll be in Chilliwack at my parents on Saturday, I'll pm you my number, I'll meet you guys when you hit your first destination out here.

Back