• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Which Steering rack and pinion would you buy and why

ACDelco. They so far, from my professional experience make good stuff that is as close to OE as you'll get without the OE price, in most cases. I've bought ACDelco tie rods and balljoints in the past for various non-GM vehicles and they fit and functioned like factory components.

I have had both CAM and ZF racks fail, or rather wear out and leak or inter tie rod failures so that would not be a determining factor. A used 50k mile rack failed in less than 10k of use. I have also installed rebuilt racks that didn't work. Last one was a NASCAR rack. Power assist turning left, none turning right.

That didn't help did it?

YPYMATYC

I got a remanned CAM (i think) rack from a mazda dealer that a friend works at. After 2 years, the driver side inner tie rod was completely toast. A LOT of play. Replaced with a moog part.

Not only that, but the boot will leak PS fluid all in my belly pan. Pretty annoying as that’s the only leak on the car.

Not saying all CAM racks are bad, but this was just my experience.

I've had a string of bad luck with Cardone. From missing seals, to cores that never should have been rebuilt in the first place.

-Ryan

Well a 93 240 only came with the TRW aka CAM type rack so you can only buy the ac delco or cardone from Rockauto. If I had to chose between those two it would be delco.

This one...

"A-1 CARDONE 261994 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Reman. - Hydraulic Power Steering; Includes Inner Tie Rods"

There's a strong possibility I have one of the racks that maybe IPD used to sell? Sitting unused in a box. It's definitely some aftermarket crap, but I'd be willing to let it go for a price that represents it's general mediocrity.

HMU if interested.

Back