home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > showroom

Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #76
VB242
F*ck 12

This was from Sunday, I need to find 3-4 seconds to catch the brand new Alfa Romeo Giulia that beat me in my class. If your watch to the end you'll see the tricked out Mini on Hoosier's A7's that got first in my class, it's the yellow one still in grid, if you watch an earlier video, 230 was my second best time, you'll get a better look when I pull back in grid.. I'm on 275/40/17 Falken Azenis 615+ 200tw. I'm definitely running out of RPM's in the faster parts in 2nd but I also need to tighten up on the cones. This course is much larger than our usual venue. The big valve head really woke up the TD05-20G, no lag like the T3/T4.

Booty Scooty
https://youtu.be/i4oAOZ8nbq4

Last edited by VB242; 09-15-2020 at 09:19 AM..
VB242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #77
Dirty Rick
Board Member

Did my first X at Keiser stadium in Oct.
Second event postponed due to the air quality.
See you at Evergreen Air Museum on Oct 4th?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #78
2manyturbos

I remember seeing your Mini at that event. I love Mini Coopers. Such fun cars. I am registered for the Evergreen Aviation event that was cancelled. I don't know whether I will make the rescheduled Oct 4th event. It conflicts with SSCC's fall Enduro event at Jackson County Sports Park scale road race course. I haven't done that event since 2002 and am anxious to go run it again with a car with some power. If you are hooked on Autocross, you need to join my friend's Facebook page Pacific NW Autocross & Road Race Fanatics. He tracks almost all the club's events in the West all the way from Canada to So Cal. The clubs like to post their events to his page to advertise them.

BTW, that was a really tough course for your first Autocross. Even veteran Autocrossers were getting lost that day. A well designed course DOES NOT double back on itself. The limited space makes that necessary in order to have runs longer than 35 seconds. I hit a cone on 2 of my runs and missed a gate on my first run heading to the finish. I realized I missed it as I passed it.

This was my best run that day.

Last edited by 2manyturbos; 09-15-2020 at 04:15 PM..
2manyturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #79
2manyturbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB242 View Post
This was from Sunday, I need to find 3-4 seconds to catch the brand new Alfa Romeo Giulia that beat me in my class. If your watch to the end you'll see the tricked out Mini on Hoosier's A7's that got first in my class, it's the yellow one still in grid, if you watch an earlier video, 230 was my second best time, you'll get a better look when I pull back in grid.. I'm on 275/40/17 Falken Azenis 615+ 200tw. I'm definitely running out of RPM's in the faster parts in 2nd but I also need to tighten up on the cones. This course is much larger than our usual venue. The big valve head really woke up the TD05-20G, no lag like the T3/T4.

Cool. What is that venue? A race track parking lot? The videos are a great training tool. Try not to let your steering wheel spin through your fingers. You only do it in a couple of places there. That's a habit carried over from street driving. It takes you a tenth or 2 to figure out where the car is pointing. That is not helping you set up for your next element. It's great to see some Volvos in action. You're right, you gave up a half a second on that back sweeper. Get the car slowed down so you can follow a much shorter path. It looks fast, it feels fast, yet, it takes longer to carry speed through a corner like that. A Cooper on A7's? The tires alone are worth 2 seconds compared to your 615+ Azenis. What class are you running in?
2manyturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #80
VB242
F*ck 12

Yes it's a parking lot at a drag strip outside of Richmond VA. I'm running Street Modified, this club has an X modifier for 200tw tires which gives you a little PAX bump. The Mini was about 7 seconds ahead of me. I was looking at the XAS class.

Last edited by VB242; 09-16-2020 at 11:25 AM..
VB242 is offline   Reply With Quote