• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo pressure leak

744turbobrick

Hi would really like if someone could help me
It seems that my Volvo 740 2.0 turbo likes to burst all the pipes from the turbo system but there is one i havent bem able to find that comes from underneath the intake and goes to a T shaped metal thing
The pipe has different sizes in either ends and makes a wierd S shape hope someone can help
And sorry for my pour English i know how to speak but Im awful at writting

It would help to know what year and which engine your car has. There are 8 valve (B200T) and a 16 valve (B204FT/GT) turbo 2.0 engines.

Is the T shaped metal thing the IAC valve?

3517067-M14.jpg

Last edited:
my car is a 16 valve engine so im guessing is a b204gt and from what ive been looking im guessing the faulty pipe is the idle air motor but from what ive been able to get the most similar pipe is for a volvo 850 and im guessing that doenst match up

If you have trouble finding a preformed hose you can try using regular, cheaper hose from a car parts store, bending it as needed, at least temporarily if not permanently.

The "bursting" problem sounds serious: is the PCV crankcase ventilation system plugged up (that's often the usual suspect)?

You'd better find and fix the cause of the bursting hoses ASAP.

The parts catalog doesn't have a very good drawing of the IAC hoses for B204GT/FT. They're #14 & 15 in this pic.

14 is part #3514474 and is still available from Volvo. 15 is part #3514475 and is NLA.

GR-55564.jpg

If you have trouble finding a preformed hose you can try using regular, cheaper hose from a car parts store, bending it as needed, at least temporarily if not permanently.

The "bursting" problem sounds serious: is the PCV crankcase ventilation system plugged up (that's often the usual suspect)?

You'd better find and fix the cause of the bursting hoses ASAP.

Thanks for the help but i dont think the idea of a regular hose would work just because of the simple fact that the hose is a diferent size on either end and so if i was to go that way Im guessing it would create stress points on one of the ends and would happen the same thing again
Regarding the cause of such thing happening i think it doesnt have to do with crankcase ventilation but with the boost pressure and the hose being old but thanks for the tip and is something i will look into

Back