• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2001 V70 Superturbo build

I'd like to make these ricer guys and the V8 lovers around here laugh and cry. Laugh when I tell them my volvo wagon will beat them and cry when it does.

IF you did make any power it'd make them laugh twice, first when you tell them you'll beat them, second when the transmission blows up :-P

Oh to be young and still be in High School... :)

google "supercharged volvo 850" , yes it has been done before.

Robert DIY has the most and best Volvo repair videos on Youtube , but feel to document something he hasn't covered yet.

When you get to the wiring of the car, SoFla960 will build you a custom harness like the pro that he is.

Last edited:
op go out and get laid and keep your mom's volvo stock

save your $20k for hookers and blow, it will actually be more entertaining than your superturbo idea even if you get herpes

Last edited:
I mean, go nuts, haters gonna hate, etc. but the fact that you're even considering doing this to a FWD Volvo casts doubt on the credibility of all of it. ;-)

cnc billet wet sleeve and budget don't belong in the same paragraph, but if you make this happen it will kick ass

Last edited:
S/VRs are so slow, and have the worst whiteblock for high horsepower applications.
I spent a week in a S60R back when it was almost new. Slow isn't really fair. They move out just fine. Maybe by todays standards they aren't really fast, but in 2004, dang, it was fun driving that thing full throttle everywhere.

I spent a week in a S60R back when it was almost new. Slow isn't really fair. They move out just fine. Maybe by todays standards they aren't really fast, but in 2004, dang, it was fun driving that thing full throttle everywhere.

When it was new, I'm sure it was a good car. The main draw to them is the comfort in my opinion. I'm just sick of ours. It's slow, has a horrible turning radius, and develops tons of little problems.

When it was new, I'm sure it was a good car. The main draw to them is the comfort in my opinion. I'm just sick of ours. It's slow, has a horrible turning radius, and develops tons of little problems.
I've driven stock n/a 240's for most of my life as daily drivers. a S/V R is pretty fast. :lol:

Low 14's stock weren't they? Not bad for a heavy car. And yes, very comfy. Nice cruisers.

I've driven stock n/a 240's for most of my life as daily drivers. a S/V R is pretty fast. :lol:

Low 14's stock weren't they? Not bad for a heavy car. And yes, very comfy. Nice cruisers.

Something like that. A local guy ran a 15.xx up here in a stock VR this summer. So at sea level it's probably faster.

meh. I used to drive a 1993 9000 aero that would embarrass a stock R car, while getting better gas mileage, and being built in '93!!

Well I am gonna RWD it as well but nope no v8 swap. Just because I didn't mention it doesn't mean it will not be done. This post is all about the engine and a setup that will draw the most HP possible from it.

meh. I used to drive a 1993 9000 aero that would embarrass a stock R car, while getting better gas mileage, and being built in '93!!

I did 12.7 on the 1/4 mile with a 1992 Saab Aero with a manual tranny and just an MBC for modifications... I had to get rid of it after exploding the 4th gear. That car was ridiculous!

Yeah of course going to put a manual trans in it too. Actually was going to ask about transmissions that will fit that are maybe sturdier than even the stock manuals for these cars. Didn't know about anything else that small making 300+ when they first developed it in 2015 the claim was that it was the only one. Of course how would i know i haven't been studying any other auto makers new engines.

Back