home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 07-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
jjona5
Board Member

Default 1990 volvo aw70 transmission fittings on radiator/cooler

Anyone happen to know what size these fittings are? I'm adding a aux cooler to my car and I want to just put two 90s in between the line and the radiator and run that to the external cooler. I took my IPD flush line thing that came with the car up to a few hardware stores and it seems to be in between the sizes they offer. I thought about just cutting my IPD flush line and using it but I don't really know what that hose they use is rated for since it shouldn't ever really have pressure on it when its used to flush.
jjona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
hiperfauto
Board Member

The fittings are ½"-20 SAE flare (45°).
hiperfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
jjona5
Board Member

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
jjona5
Board Member

Ok well I bought the barbed fittings and went ahead and installed the Hayden 1677 transmission cooler. I used a piece of 1" angle aluminum about 8 inches long to mount it behind the grill and also bent some metal to brace the bottom.

I routed it transmission to Hayden to radiator built in cooler to transmission. Guess what this transmission cooler is actually cooling down the radiator a bit. Going into the Hayden cooler the transmission fluid was 119 out of it 98. Then when it comes out of the radiator it is back up to 114. Pretty neat. This was after a spirited drive around town idling in my driveway. I am in Houston, TX btw. It is pretty hot here and it had been idling for a bit in my driveway while I grabbed my thermometer.

Last edited by jjona5; 07-09-2018 at 12:53 PM..