• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 front end swap

Ger740

Hi Guys I?ve got a facelift 740 but much prefer the pre facelift just wondering what do I need to swap them I can get my hands on Lights, grill, indicators,bonnet(Hood), bumper and bumper spoiler I?m wondering do I also need to change the front wings(fenders)

Thanks

Dam I was hoping I could get away without changing the wings and I think the hood on the pre facelift is a lot higher where it closes against the grill

You can leave the fenders you just have to drill holes for the bumper cover supports. Best to swap out fenders so you can use the 80's turn lights.. You gotta drill out the things that hold the hood latches at an angle and then make the hood latches flat like the 80s cars and then reweld that. Yes you gotta use 80s bumper shocks for 80s bumper on 90's car.

Swapping everything to make it an 80's front end the only thing you gotta do is like I said make the part where the hood latches down flat like the 80's cars. Easy to do, best to look at 80s car and compare it to the 90's one then you can see what I mean.

You can leave the fenders you just have to drill holes for the bumper cover supports. Best to swap out fenders so you can use the 80's turn lights.. You gotta drill out the things that hold the hood latches at an angle and then make the hood latches flat like the 80s cars and then reweld that. Yes you gotta use 80s bumper shocks for 80s bumper on 90's car.

Swapping everything to make it an 80's front end the only thing you gotta do is like I said make the part where the hood latches down flat like the 80's cars. Easy to do, best to look at 80s car and compare it to the 90's one then you can see what I mean.

Ok so I don?t need to change the slam panel then, That?s good one less thing to change thanks for the reply

Back