• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.4 CEL Output

smoothdurban

I do my own stunts
Hey Guys

After performing a Kjet to LH2.4 conversion on my 83 242 I would like to have a way to illuminate a light if a fault code is thrown.

Looking at the pinouts from the ECU and ICU I see that ECU pin 22 and ICU pin 3 are the signal output from either module when a fault code is registered.

My question is does anyone know what output this signal is? Does in provide +12VDC when a code is thrown or does it switch to ground? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

I JUST went thru this earlier this week, wiring my MS for a CEL.

The bulb gets a constant 12v from the cluster, at least on a 7. The 2.4 box supplies a ground to turn the light on.

I removed the Lambda Service Counter box from mine so that I could use the Lamba cluster light for a LH2.4 CEL. To do this, you should clip out the diode on the lamba light so that the light is illuminated only by the EZK or ECU CEL signals, and not by the alternator. At key on, but before start, the EZK/ECU turns on the CEL as a bulb check. Both CEL wires (ECU+EZK) are tied together and either one can ground the light to turn it on.

From: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5943114&postcount=15 (should be able to click for full size, but it may not be working)

Back