• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

low t5 740

ofwgkta

Hey peeps
so im starting a t5 swap into my 740, want to share with you guys and i also have some silly ass questions

so let me introduce you to my brick ;)
its a 740 glt, with 16 valve b234f engine, some extras and a rusty front fender

i have done some suspension mods already, it has 5x108 to 6x139,7 wheel adapters, shortened kilen sport springs in front, jeep(ish) shortened springs in the back, boge turbo gasmatic shock absorbers all around, poly bushings for the rear axle, -3 camber in front, welded diff and some other mods.

so as my english is not that entertaining less talk, more pictures

made a flange for the exhaust side. idk why, but all the projects i read, 3 of 4 bolts line up, in my case only 2 of 4 lined up

as im from europe got myself a decent m90 gearbox and painted red

960 sump is already welded and resurfaced

theres a little issue with the oil filter attachment how and where ? any advices ?

engine mounts test fit

got myself some badass rims Berg 17x8.5 et6 on 17mm custom made spacers (5x108 to 6x139.7)

to be continued

Last edited:
starting to like the 850 bumper idea... once I get mine running properly, I'll do that :)

edit: how hard was it to install the 850 bumper?

made a flange for the exhaust side. idk why, but all the projects i read, 3 of 4 bolts line up, in my case only 2 of 4 lined up

it depends on which year the engine is from. on my '94 engine 3 out of 4 holes were present. On a '97 2.0 T5 only 2 of them lined up.

Subscribed! Will be keen to see the obstacles you run into for T5 swap as I also haz teh 740

thanks!
the 850 bumper is easy, i took bumper mounts from 740 bumper and attached them to 850 bumper, essssayy

so with the oil filter the easiest solution was to tap a thread into the t5 block and make a custom thread and lenght screw for the oil filter to fit correctly

made the ''krabblock''

got myself turbo gauge from scrap yard. the max reading it can do is 1.25 bar, so thats cool, wont be needing any cyan blue flashing hromline gauges in my dash, which i think suck for a old volvo like this ;)

did abs delete for performance, cleaner engine bay and steet cred ofc, because absless cars are cool right ?!
befoar

after

the sump welded and resurfaced

im thinking to mount 850 cooler which has inlets for oil cooling too, which is cool.

did a little fast respray for the engine bay too

mitsubishi, nissan, isuzu, opel and other suv's, so u can get great, wide, 2piece, 3piece rims for dirt cheap, thats for europe ofc :cool:
so moving on slowly
got the famous volvo part no 272218 the 850R clutch wooo

front brakes from 850 t5 280mm, little bit bigger pads, single cylinder fits 1:1, painted racing red #becauserace

flywheel lightened and resurfaced for the new clutch

goddamn its in finally

going to move battery to trunk, v6 sway bar, lower chassis brace and engine so far in the firewall, this thing should handle pretty damn good :roll::oogle:

Back